Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
Jobs at:Cowater International
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, December 12 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Based in Kigali, Rwanda, the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) will administrative, financial and procurement support to EPR to assist in the implementation of the EPR-TA Facility project.
• The FAM will agree a weekly meeting time with EPR-TA Facility Team Leader (TL) to agree priorities for the week. Any travel costs will need to be approved by TL in advance.
• The FAM will work collaboratively with the Cowater’s HQ-based Project Director and Project Manager, engaging them regularly to review and input into reporting and deliverables. The FAM will be responsible for:
Administration and procurement
• Manage the day-to-day operations for the programme under the direction of the Team Leader;
• Supervise field operations, project administration, logistics and project procurement ensuring value for money across the programme;
• Ensure compliance with FCDO and EPR operating procedures and policies by working closely with Cowater HQ;
• Facilitate procurement of specific project items (including but not limited to IT equipment, training equipment, stationery, and consumables) in compliance with the procedures set out in the operational manual. This is likely to include a process of proposing three (3) quotations for each item and assisting to compare costs and specifications to determine the best value for money.
• Collate information in cost comparison templates to be provided by the Cowater Program Manager (PM)/Team Leader (TL) for their review and approval.
• Assist in collecting information on costs and specifications for other goods and services to be procured by the project, as directed by the Cowater PM/TL and Operations Manual.
• Facilitate the process of procurement evaluations under the direction of the TL/PM;
• Prepare contracts and when and if necessary, consult with EPR’s appointed local lawyer on contract compliance, under consult with the PM/TL before contracts are issued;
• Maintain and update procurement tracker and liaise with TL/PM to be aware and document upcoming procurements to ensure accurate cash flow;
• Ensure procured goods and/or services are received in good condition and up to the desired quality by the requesting staff and prepare all papers to pass and approvals for payment;
• Properly file procurement documents (by category and date);
• Organise training workshops: book venues, invite participants, collect details of people who participates
• Manage the expense claims / receipts, honorariums for people attending workshops and invoices for the venue, meals and refreshments etc.
• Book overnight accommodation for field visits as required.
• Complete Due Diligence on all services procurements; Check vendor names against the One World Check database, raising partial or greater matches to the Project Manager and Project Director. Propose mitigation strategies to resolve matches;
• Produce and manage procurement and payments documentation, including Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Payment Vouchers etc.
• Store necessary approvals from Project Management, committees, and FCDO; Assist with any other administrative tasks, as required.
Finance – advances and receipts and expenditure
• Main and track the EPR TA Facility bank account and ensure proper filing of statements and notifications;
• Prepare Monthly Cash forecast and Field reports including managing the monthly reconciliation of project advances, receipts, and expenditure and bank balances in line with the EPR TA Facility workplan and Cowater HQ finance needs.
• Preparing the monthly Field Financial Reports including photocopy/scans of supporting documents, labeling all financial documents, filing them electronically and filing them in sharepoint/sending them to HQ with the monthly financial report;
• Maintain a cashbook by ensuring transactions are recorded in GBP/USD as well as the local currency where different,
• Maintain a register of cash advances, provide support to clear staff advances in accordance with the TA Facility operational manual policies and procedure
• Reimburse locally incurred incidental expenses from the bank account, where these are in accordance with the TA Facility operational manual, are properly evidenced an approved by the Team Leader;
• Develop and maintain knowledge of FCDO financial policies and regulations;
• Providing any other finance-related services, as required;
• Support the TL/PM in responding to internal/external audit requests and maintain filing systems;
• Collaborate with Cowater PFO to set up and maintain the accounting through Quickbooks.
• Coordinate and manage monthly payroll functions including (management of staff database for payment disbursement, releasing payments etc.)
• Manage the timesheet process for individuals (including issuing the monthly timesheet request email, checking the timesheets for compliance with FCDO guidelines and with allocated budgets, uploading timesheets on to Adobe Sign for signature by Line Manager and Project Manager, and filing signed timesheets).
• Supporting to maintain records for WHT tax obligations and assist with tax filing to RRA
• Manage the TA Facility driver and Officer Gardener, including collection and approval of timesheets, incidental payments and advances for overnight stays etc, where applicable.
Accounting Records and corporate compliance
• Ensure that all receipts, advances and repayments and expenditure are supported by properly authorised source documents and are filed
• Ensure appropriate documentation is in place to support audit of EPR-TA Facility activities.
• Ensure all TA Facility accounting records and documentation are in line with the Field Office Administration and Finance Manual.
• Maintain the books of accounts for the Rwanda Branch of Cowater International in line with the Transfer Pricing Policy/arrangements between Cowater International Canada and the Rwanda Branch
• Ensure the Rwanda Branch of Cowater International complies with all the statutory requirements relating to all the relevant legal requirements included taxes, such as Local District Taxes, Cleaning taxes, WHT Taxes, and all the payroll statutory deductions.
• Liaising with the Rwanda Revenue Authority on all matters relating to taxes in Rwanda.
• Ensure safe custody of TA Facility assets in conjunction with the TL
• Maintain and update the asset register on a monthly basis
• Carry out periodic fixed asset inspections and document results
• Create and adhere to a procedure to track sick days, holidays, and travel days of staff (including consultants). Collect information to forecast and update with actuals the forecast tool.
• Create and keep up to date the contact profile for each staff (for emergencies and requirements of team members getting in contact with staff) – both soft and hard copies
• Primary individual responsible for facilitating the onboarding and offboarding staff members and consultants;
• Ensure that Medical insurance and life insurance coverage is up to date for staff and they have the relevant documents;
Vehicle Control Measures
• Ensure that all vehicles are up to date on the following items: Road Tax, Insurance Maintenance, Passenger policies – booking, riding, reporting issues, Fire Extinguishers, First aid boxes
• Manage the TA Facility vehicle, include scheduling maintenance, cleaning, regular inspections and fueling
• Act as the direct line manager for drivers;
• Review drivers log books;
• Refuelling of the vehicles – accompany drives for refilling
• Reconciliation of the TOM cards on each vehicle
Office Management Support
• Conduct Workstation Assessments; including regular updates to inventory
• Own and update the Fixed Asset Register
• Ensure that the office has the following arrangements and procedures on the following: Cleaning, building maintenance, Opening and closing times of the buildings, building security, alarm system, and guards, car parking and vehicle security;
• Ensure facilities for staff welfare to include toilets, fridges, kitchen, running water and drinking water – ability to make teas and coffees
• Ensure appropriate measures are in place for a conducive working environment e.g. Air conditioning - Heating and cooling
• Ensure that there is Building Insurance – contingency plans for burglary
• Manage the Office Notice Boards for key information and contact
• Post graduate Degree in a relevant field, including accounting, finance development, or another relevant discipline.
• Additional accounting certification will be preferred. ACCA Qualification (CPA equivalent)
• Candidates with accounting qualifications are preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of experience working on donor-funded development projects (especially FCDO funded projects) in Rwanda in a role focused on Finance, Administration and Operations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations and other operational regulations in Rwanda.
• Demonstrated knowledge of finance and administrations and practical experience in designing systems and/or procedures.
• Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
• Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude.
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Ability and desire to work as part of a team;
• Knowledge of the Rwandan social protection system an asset.
• Strong communication and diplomacy skills with the ability to speak/read/write in English and Kinyarwanda (French also an asset).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates are encouraged to apply on or before 12 November 2023.
• For your application to be considered, please go to Cowater International Career Opportunities - Cowater International and Apply Now to upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, Date, Title of the Position.
• Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
• We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
• Cowater International is a leading global development consulting company founded in 1985. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with corporate hubs in Montreal, Canada, Brussels, Belgium, and London UK. Cowater International has successfully delivered a portfolio of over 2500 projects and assignments in more than 95 countries. We work with governments, private sector actors and communities implementing projects that support socio-economic development, institutional strengthening, environmental improvements and advance equal opportunities for all. We are a diverse and experienced team committed to building a better tomorrow for the people we serve. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.