Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:NFT Consult
Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lead the Programme in all aspects of financial management and administration policy and procedure; put in place viable mechanisms of internal control to ensure compliance; review and send approved financial reports to coalition offices and donors; and ensure legal and efficient operations of the Organization in all countries of operation. Work as part of the Senior Management Team to ensure adequate financing of the programme strategy. .
• Support the Director in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan and Financial Sustainability Plan.
• Coordinate the preparation of annual operational / project budgets and forecasts by the office and strategic area, in accordance with the annual planning cycle and in close collaboration with key staff.
• Periodically identify, monitor and report on finance risks and ensures mitigation measures are working well.
• Assist in the preparation and review of all project proposals to be submitted for funding.
• Ensure monthly, grant, and year-end financial closing.
• Implement and ensure anti-fraud and corruption measures within the organisation;
• Effectively monitor and manage internal control mechanisms and ensure compliance is upheld.
• Monitor and manage compliance to donor-specific terms and conditions as well as internal finance and administration policy and procedures and country-specific tax and labour laws in all countries where the organisation operates.
• Conduct routine projection and analysis of financial situation and advise the Director to ensure adequate funds for the operations and strategy implementation.
• Maintain the financial software system and input operational and activity budget lines and budget figures, creating and disseminating budget codes to the staff.
• Ensure support and information is available to all staff so that they are able to perform their administrative duties.
• Ensure adequate cash flow for approved activities at all offices to ensure timely implementation.
• Coordinates transfers of funds to field offices;
• Maintain a comprehensive list of receivables and ensure timely submission of invoices and confirmation of receipt of funds.
• Reviews, administers, and controls approved suppliers, consultancy contracts/ agreements and sub-grants prepared by Finance and Administration Officers.
• Manage payables and ensure timely follow-up and payment; and
• Routinely evaluate and identify weaknesses in the finance and administration system including internal controls, and work constructively with the finance and administration team to constantly strengthen the system.
• Oversee the financial management of the organisation and its projects, ensuring timely and accurate financial budgeting, monitoring and reporting in compliance with legislation, donor regulations and accounting principles, and best practice.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for project and operations for review and approval by the Director.
• Prepare and file monthly management accounts with a balance sheet and P&L (split by restricted and unrestricted) inclusive of management commentary on the accounts;
• On a quarterly, and as-needed basis, report to the coalition offices and donors, and maintain complete files on all grants and records of financial and technical reports;
• Prepare annual financial statement, and ensure compliance of declarations to tax authorities as required;
• Provide timely and accurate financial information, analysis and advice to the management, project managers, donors, and key stakeholders as and when required; and
• Manage external and internal audits,, and ensure that they are promptly and properly organised, and sufficient and timely follow-up of audit recommendations and report progress to the Director and Coalition Audit Committee.
• Lead in the development and implementation of appropriate financial policies, procedures and guidelines for the organisation.
• Ensure that the offices apply the required financial policies and procedures as set out in the appropriate manuals, and, where appropriate, coordinates the preparation of local versions of these procedures;
• Ensure that the offices operate in strict application of laws and regulations in force, and that policies and procedures are adapted, where necessary, to reflect these laws and regulations;
• Ensure all account reconciliations, including bank account reconciliations, are done, reviewed and approved on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
• Ensures donors regulations are understood and complied with;
• Ensures that all the offices and staff are equipped with the appropriate approved systems – particularly accounting, spreadsheet, and word processing software – and that these are updated in a coordinated and timely manner; and
• Ensures an efficient finance and operations structure is in place and adequate segregation of duties.
• Oversees the organisation procurement, ensuring compliance and donor requirements.
• Ensure financial and HR records are maintained to meet in-country and donor requirements.
• Support the internal management as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
• Ensure that all staff are employed legally and with valid work permits, when necessary
• Ensure initiation and continuation of benefits offered to the staff as per employment contracts, including life and accident insurance, pension as applicable, and health insurance; retaining the forms and policies on file and routinely conducting a cost-benefit analysis on the policies provided by the organisation to staff.
• Ensure adherence to Human Resources requirements such as preparation of performance objectives and annual appraisals.
• Ensure that the Directorate and field offices have appropriate financial and administrative structures in place, with qualified staff.
• Supervises finance and administration staff and ensures that they have clearly-defined objectives, indicators of achievement, and quarterly/annual work plans.
• Supervise and support the functions of the Finance and Administration Officers within the organisation, providing training as needed to improve operations; and
• Perform any other duties as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Bachelor of Commerce or any other relevant accounting degree;
• ACCA, CIMA, CIS or Certified Public Accountant;
• At least 10 years’ experience in Finance and administration, 4 years of which should be in a Senior Management position with references, preferably in a major regional/international organisation/NGO;
• Demonstrated skills in developing, managing, and evaluating financial and administrative plans and policies;
• Experience working with government institutions and donors and an understanding of grant management requirements and compliance;
• A thorough knowledge of, and dexterity with, accounting software; and
• Experience working with international organizations involved in environmental and/or community issues would be an advantage.
• Extensive management reporting experience, including budgeting and forecasting;
• Very high level of numeracy and analytical skills, including variance and costing analysis;
• Strong communication and writing skills in English;
• Additional competency in French and/or Swahili, preferred;
• Demonstrated leadership skills;
• Demonstrated supervisory skills; ability to lead, motivate and supervise a remote team;
• Demonstrated experience with financial management systems and auditing;
• Experience with human resource management, preferred;
• Proven time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
• Willingness to work as part of a multi-cultural team; and
• Adhere to the organisation values: Respect for diversity, Team work, Integrity, Initiative, and Dedication.
Internal – While reporting to the Director, the Finance and Administration Manager will work closely with the Programme Manager, Advocacy and Communication Manager, and other members, as part of the Senior Management Team.
External – The Finance and Administration Manager will routinely interact with the Board through the Coalition Audit Committee, as well as coalition offices in Uganda and DRC for the administration of the Programme as well as donors and partners, representing the organisation’s values at all times.
To perform the duties of this position, the Finance and Administration Manager will from time to time be required to travel throughout Rwanda, Uganda, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, or other locations. Travel is estimated at approximately 20% of working days. In these cases, the perdiem policy will be applied.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://career.nftconsult.com/job_description_page.php?jaction=ZDNkNGVlMDFjYmU3NDkxN2E5MTgwOTNkOGQyOTQ2NGY=
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.