Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:MeshPower Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
30 January 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Location: Head Office, Kigali
About MeshPower Rwanda
MeshPower’s innovative solar nanogrid technology platform delivers clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to rural off-grid communities using smart metering and management systems via the Cloud. We are committed to delivering social and environmental impact to the communities we serve: reducing combustion-related illnesses, improving quality of life, saving our customers money on lighting, and providing “productive use” power for small businesses in the village. MeshPower currently provides reliable and affordable electricity services to over 2,000 families in the Eastern Province, and we’re planning to grow that impact
significantly. www.meshpower.co.rw The Role
The Finance and Administration Officer is a key position which ensures smooth operations and of the company’s operations and special projects. We are looking for a thoughtful and perceptive team member who is open to learning and committed to getting things done efficiently. This will start out as a 5 month maternity leave cover, and has a strong possibility of extending into a permanent position; depending on the projects we have. .
• Sales Reconciliation
o Posting sales and cash transactions
o Reconciliation of all revenue accounts
• Cash management
o Prepares and make cash and bank payments in line with Meshpower’s policies
o Does weekly & monthly cash & bank reconciliations
• Inventory management
o Monthly stock counts & review of inventory movements
o Updating & maintenance of Supplier price lists
• Expense Reconciliation
o Review Purchase Orders and budgets for accuracy
o Posting & Verification for accuracy of expense and cost related invoices
o Ensure timely and efficient payments
o Reconciliation of all Expense & cost related accounts
• Administrative Management
o Maintain supplier contract register o Assist Finance Manager with data compilation and preparation of ad hoc and monthly financial reports
• University graduate with a business, finance, or accounting degree.
• Highly organised, ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines, and strong attention to detail
• Proficient in both verbal and written English.
• High competency with word processing and spreadsheet programs (familiarity with Google's suite of online office products is a plus).
• At least 1 year of accounting work experience.
• Proficiency in accounting software, experience in Xero accounting software is an added advantage
• Experience with Havanao or other PAYG customer payment platforms
• Familiarity with Rwandan accounting, HR, tax, and labour laws
• Experience in project accounting
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Eligible applicants should follow both steps.
• Click this link to fill out the application form.
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th Jan 2021 with the following PDF documents attached:
o One-page introduction letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the role
o Curriculum Vitae with 2 references
o Degree Certificate and additional relevant certificates
*NOTE: Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
Email subject and all documents must have your full name and job title for which you are applying. EXAMPLE: UWAMAHORO Francoise - Finance Officer.
MeshPower is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are strongly recommended to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.