Finance and Operations Director
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
17 April 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. .
• Plan is seeking applicants for a Finance and Operations Director for an anticipated USAID-funded Education program in Rwanda. This program will support the result areas of the LEARN Project under the Homes and Communities Activity, with the purpose of improving literacy outcomes for all Rwandan children by the end of primary grade 3 (P3).
• The Finance and Operations Director will report to the Chief of Party and is responsible for overseeing project finances and administrative operations in accordance with relevant USAID regulations and in line with Plan’s financial and administrative management policy provisions.
• The Finance and Operations Director will supervise financial reporting on grant performance and will ensure best use of resources by managing the preparation of sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and assuring timely preparation of donor financial reports.
• This position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
• Provide oversight of financial and administrative management of the project in compliance with donor’s rules and regulations.
• Supervise all financial management to ensure best use of resources through sound budgeting, monitoring of project expenses, and timely preparation of donor financial reports.
• Manage a team of finance and operations staff
• Develop and implement monthly project-wide financial review (project tracker) and analysis, as well as provide timely and reliable financial information for decision-making.
• Maintain strong internal policies, processes, and controls systems in order to provide timely, consistent, and accurate financial and budget management.
• Develop strategic planning, work planning, and budgeting processes.
• Manage logistics and procurement surrounding project processes
• Work closely with Plan International USA home office and Plan Rwanda country office staff on internal and external financial reviews and audits; work closely with project finance/grants/administrative staff and sub-grantees to ensure appropriate implementation of same.
• Prepare financial reports for donors.
Key Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree in finance or financial management, and/or a professional qualification in accountancy preferred. Bachelor’s degree with significant experience in project finance management may be accepted.
• Significant experience managing programs funded by the U.S. Government, including experience managing finances for USAID-funded projects.
• Extensive experience in financial management and/or project administration.
• In-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations and other key USG regulations, including USAID 22 CFR Part 226 Administration of Assistance Awards to U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations, 22 CFR Part 145 Grants and Agreements with Non-Profits, OMB Circulars A-122, Cost principles for non-profit organizations, and A-133 Audit of states, local governments, and non-profits.
• Ability to utilize new software and financial management systems.
• Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills.
• Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them.
• Work experience in Rwanda highly preferred
• Proficient English oral and written communication skills are essential
Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.