Financial Control Manager
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females are encouraged to apply.
Manager, Financial Control (1)
3. Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to provide oversight on all aspects of financial management, development and enforcement of internal accounting policies and procedures.
4. Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Provide input into the development of the finance strategy, ensuring the enhancement of the internal controls required to deliver the BRD overall strategy
• Develop and implement internal control policies and procedures to guide operations on finance department
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Review and recommend action on proposed and approved legislation and regulations related to Finance
• Providing accurate and timely Bank’s Financial records by managing the accounting function
• Monitor the Bank’s financial data to ensure compliance with accounting standards, as well as pertinent laws, policies and procedures
• Review and verify periodic (monthly/quarterly and yearly) regulatory reports to ensure alignment with the required standards and local regulations
• Maintain and ensure completeness and accuracy books of accounts, and proper maintenance of audit trails for accurate reporting.
• Facilitate preparation of periodic external audits (quarterly/yearly) of financial statements to ensure auditors are provided with relevant documents and information on time
• Review and verify monthly tax computations and returns to ensure accurate payments are made timely
• Review of the Bank’s reconciliations for Nostro and Internal Accounts
• Administer the process of offering bank's trade finance facilities (currently Letters of credit, guarantees and any other trade finance product) to ensure they are accurately and timely opened with relevant banks and followed up until executed.
• Supervise the processing of accounts payable and non-cash accounting entries to ensure accuracy and compliance
• Validate outgoing payments for their accuracy, correctness and completeness of necessary documents and reporting on them
• Coordinate timely and accurate financial accounting to facilitate timely financial reporting
• Supervise the processing of Projects financial information in accordance with project agreements with the Fund providers.
• Ensure the review of Electronic Data warehouse reporting to the Central Bank and ensure they are accurate and timely reported
• Ensure all the regulatory reports to the Central Bank are accurate and timely sent.
• Ensure that the financial statements are prepared in accordance with the International Financial reporting Standards
• Ability to make financial projections on the Bank’s implementation of the Strategic plan.
5. Performance indicators
• Availability of internal accounting policies and procedures
• Correct postings of accounting entries to relevant journals
• Correct expense and payables approvals
• 100% expenses settlements
• Timely submission of accounting data and reconciliations
• Compliance to International Financial Reporting Standards
• Compliance to requirements of the regulators
• Management of Internal and External auditors
• Proper Management of Trade Finance transactions with Correspondent Banks.
6. Working relationships
• Heads of department
• External stakeholders
7. Professional, academic qualifications and experience
a) Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university as an added advantage
b) Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration/ or related field
c) Association of Charted Certified Accountant (ACCA)/Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
d) A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a commercial bank or similar institution of which two (2) at a Senior or managerial level
8. Core competencies
• Experience in implementing financial strategies, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of Cost accounting and Reporting
• Knowledge of Risk Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
• Experience in Financial and Management Accounting
• Debit and Credit management experience
• Cashflow management
• Reconciliations of Financial records
• Experience using accounting systems
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and GAAP
• Experience in Financial Information Management
• Knowledge of Tax legislation
• Experience with reviewing financial statements and Integrated reporting
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Ability to adapt to the Core Banking software and other IT systems
• Ability to provide financial modelling
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidate should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
• Only online applications shall be considered.
• Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
• Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
• Deadline for application: Friday 7th July 2023
• The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
• Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.
• Done in Kigali, 23rd June 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.