Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This selection serves to constitute a pool/reserve Enabel is a Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors. Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity. Currently, Enabel is implementing a five-year cooperation programme (2019 – 2024) with a total budget of 120 million euros in four priority sectors of development of Rwanda: health, agriculture, urbanization, and public finance management. In view of future needs for further development of its activities, Enabel is currently looking for an (f/m) Financial Controller to constitute its reserve. Location: Kigali, Rwanda. Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law Expected starting date: January 2022 Salary package: From 1.827.368 RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience. Function: Under the supervision of the International Administration and Financial Expert (RAFI), the Financial Controller ensures 1) the quality of financial information to allow decision-making and contribute to efficiency and effectiveness with which operations are conducted which must lead to the achievement of the objectives of the intervention and 2) mastery of fiduciary risks. In general, (s)he will
: Ensure verification and support to the preparation of budgetary planning and monitoring in order to allow for qualitative budget management.
• Verify the monthly financial statements;
• Verify the correctness of budget planning;
• Provide support to the elaboration of budget change proposals and validate them following Enabel guidelines;
• Produce periodic budget monitoring reports, including analysis and recommendations;
• Analyze functioning costs and costs of activities and formulate recommendations in view of improving the efficient use of funds; Ensure follow-up of treasury operations in order to ensure that suppliers/beneficiaries/etc. are paid correctly and in due time.
• Check the cash call requests;
• Analyze the treasury position and prepare the request for funds ;
• Authorize the payments; • Carry out the banking reconciliation;
• Ensure the daily management of banking relations;
• Control the reporting in order to ensure expenditure is in compliance with the Grant Agreements.
• Contribute to the organizational assessments;
• Control the financial reports and the installment requests;
• Prepare the conclusions regarding feedback to be sent to the contracting beneficiaries/partners:
• Provide opinion to the RAFI regarding disbursement requests pertaining to the installments of the grants;
• Plan and carry out control missions of the contracting beneficiaries;
• Prepare and support the eventual external (administrative and financial) audits of the beneficiaries.
• Manage the questions regarding fiscal and social domains in order to ensure complete and qualitative information on these matters.
• Ensure the update of fiscal and social rules applicable under partner country legislation and inform/train the intervention on any changes with regard thereto;
Analyze fiduciary risks, follow up the internal control and audit action plans in order to put the risks in the spotlight and minimize the impact.
• Prepare self-evaluation questionnaires of financial management;
• Support the preparation of audits;
• Support the implementation of audit recommendations and internal controls;
• Ensure that rules and procedures in force within the intervention are updated and in conformity with the rules and procedures of Enabel and other donors;
• Lead the team of which one is the hierarchical supervisor in order to have qualified and motivated staff.
• Supervise and coach the administrative and financial management of the intervention;
• Guarantee that rules and procedures are respected;
• Determine the objectives and priorities of the staff members;
• Motivate, coach, follow up and evaluate staff members;
• Create an atmosphere of trust and accountability;
• Develop the competencies of the staff members;
• Capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organization, processes, and systems and of their staff’s competencies.
• Participate in and support the evaluation of needs and the implementation of a capacity development plan for the beneficiaries;
• Support the elaboration of supporting and management tools in favor of the partner entities…
• Support the intervention in the financial, accounting, administrative and logistical domains.
• Rwandan Nationality;
• Master degree in Management, Finance or Accounting,
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar position;
• Experience with team management.
• Experience in capacity development and training.
• Budget management and financial analysis.
• Financial control and audit.
• Advanced mastery of Excel and Word, use of financial software is an asset.
• Ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment;
• Proficient in Kinyarwanda and English. Working knowledge of French is an asset;
• Ability to work in an international, multi-stakeholder environment, maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities as well as donors
• Be of proven moral integrity.
• Possess strong analytical and assessment skills
• Good communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Service and solution-oriented
• Can work independently
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8 60 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.