Jobs at:Nyungwe Management Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nyungwe Management Company Ltd (NMC Ltd) is a company that was created through the agreement between African Parks Network and Rwanda Development Board to manage Nyungwe National Park. NMC Ltd is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the post of Financial Controller in Nyungwe National Park.
Location: Nyungwe National Park
Reporting To: AP Regional Financial Controller (functionally) and to the Park Manager (administratively and operationally)
Expected Starting Date: As Soon As Possible.
Purpose Of The Job
As a member of the Park Management Unit, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the setting up of all processes relating to the newly managed Nyungwe National Park. This will be done by implementing financial systems, managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring the accuracy of financial information to donors. This includes implementing financial controls as dictated by the finance manual of African Parks, training the team as to their responsibilities with finances, and creating reporting structures for the different head of departments to be aware of their budgets.
Duties and responsibilities
• To ensure that the accounting system is in place to record transactions per accepted accounting principles and APN finance policy as such that it provides the basis for efficient financial management
• To direct and control the administration of all financial, treasury and accounting activities following APN policy and in compliance with fiscal, legal, and statutory requirements in Rwanda.
• To assist in the clearing of equipment purchased;
• To ensure that Nyungwe National Park is tax compliant;
• To manage the bank accounts
• To ensure that all donor regulations are adhered to: e.g., restricted funds, fund reporting requirements, specific procurement requirements, etc.
• Supervise the recording, classifying, and summarizing of the financial transactions of Nyungwe National Park and ensuring the proper update and maintenance of the accounts to ensure that the accounting system provides the basis for an efficient financial information system for both internal and external users and that it is compliant with internationally accepted accounting principles, legal and statutory requirements of Rwanda;
• Ensure monthly transactions are entered in General Ledger accurately and on a timely basis;
• Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled;
• Review and provide guidance and coaching to accounting staff ensuring accuracy, correctness, and completeness of transactions recorded;
• Ensure the timeliness of required donors reports to account managers, donors, government partners, etc.;
• Prepare periodic reports of financial performance and discuss with the head of departments;
• Submit the monthly report to the Regional Financial Controller in line with the monthly reporting checklist and timetable.
• Prepare the monthly cash flow projections and monitor the continued availability of funds to cover the requirements of the project;
• Review and ensure that disbursements are adequately supported with relevant evidential documentation; Cash and bank balances are reconciled with the records maintained. Reconciliations are reviewed and signed by the park manager;
• Assist in the planning and budgeting for the project, taking the lead in the financial plans and budgets, and ensuring that the assumptions, parameters, guidelines, and policies in planning are complied with;
• Review and monitor the budget performance of the project and provide recommendations;
• Continuously review the adequacy of internal control to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information, protection of assets and adherence to policies, systems, and procedures, and the smooth and orderly implementation of plans and activities;
• Ensure the identification and proper inventory of fixed assets of the project through the conduct of an annual inventory to determine their location and condition of proper disposition;
• Managing depreciation following APN's policy and that the assets are adequately protected;
• Prepare the request for approval to dispose of missing, lost, stolen, damaged, and obsolete equipment;
• Collaborate with the national HR Manager ensuring that the systems and procedures are in place to enable accurate preparation and disbursement of the payroll in compliance with statutory requirements;
• Sign off on the monthly payroll by reviewing and checking the accuracy of amounts to be paid to the staff;
• Coordinate with the auditors in the external audit of the entity. This includes preparation of the reporting pack and necessary notes to the accounts;
• Provide draft responses to the audit management letter, including coordinating inputs from the programme, Human Resources, Administration, and other units as necessary;
• Ensure the closure and resolution of audit findings;
• Provide leadership and guidance in all matters pertaining to finance (including taxation and other financial issues) and give advice and support to all those needing it;
• Provide training to project staff on APN financial policies and procedures, budgeting methods, and compliance with donor guidelines;
• Where required, assist with writing and maintaining the local procurement policy and be a member of the procurement committee.
• Live on-site. Presently Gisovu Ranger Post, Nyungwe National Par
Knowledge And Skills
Minimum Education Qualification
• The interested candidates should have a minimum of Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance backed up with Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or CPA.
• Experience in having set up processes and systems within a large commercial enterprise preferably in a multi-currency set up
• 5 years’ demonstrated management experience
• Result driven with a strong capacity to work autonomously
• Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Experience in training and developing Finance staff
• Strong leadership skills
• Auditing experience
• Compliance oriented
• Proficiency in accounting software Navision 2017
• Advanced level in Microsoft excel.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
• Strong willingness to live in a rural setting and experience living in remote locations
• Adhesion to African Parks values
• Clean and valid driving license held for a minimum of 5 years
• Proficient in English both spoken and written
• Ability to perform demanding and flexible work, during day and night.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure and overtime
• Knowledge of French
• Member of Tax advisor committee with RRA certification.
• Holding motorcycle license
• Experience and a genuine passion for conservation
• Proven 5-year experience of working as head of Finance department from within region and continent
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Cover letter together with valid qualification (finance qualification), CV, license, three referees, and communication details (email and phone number) should be submitted as one document in English. Submission should be to email@example.com (with the attachment being in PDF format) not later than 20th February 2022 and addressed to the Park Manager of Nyungwe Management Company. Please note that only candidates with the needed qualifications and relevant experience will be shortlisted for Interview and if you don’t hear from us after 2weeks of Application, know that you have not been shortlisted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.