Financial Management Officer
Jobs at:Rwanda Civil Service
Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment
1.Circulate budgetary guidelines to all department heads and communicate the budgeting time-table as set by Corporate Services Division Manager.
2. Serve as Secretary to budgetary planning meetings.
3. Prepare expenditure plans and monitor budget implementation for the institution, ensuring that all financial rules and procedures are complied with and expenditure kept within the set limits.
4. Review all expenditure requisitions ensuring that these are in line with the budget, prior to recommending to Corporate Services Division Manager for approval.
5. Maintain all records relating to the budget updates and balances clearly indicated in all instances.
6. Make monthly, quarterly and annual reports on budget implementation.
7. Maintain an accurate schedule of financial commitments of the Institution.
8. Establish Payment orders for approval by Corporate Services Division Manager and submit these to the Ministry of Finance, then follow-up to ensure that funds are released as scheduled and deposited into the Ministry’s account.
9. Supports the external audit activities by preparing audit schedules and responding to any queries raised in a timely manner.
10. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Corporate Services Division Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with at least foundation level one of CPA/CIA/CPFA/CPFM
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with at least foundation level one of ACCA (Applied Knowledge of ACCA)
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with Stage two of CAT/ API Certificate
Competency and Key Technical Skills
• Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
• Client/citizen focus
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Resource management skills
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Time management skills
• Risk management skills
• Results oriented
• Digital literacy skills
• Fluency in Kinyaranda English and or French knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage
• Proficiency in financial management systems
• Knowledge of accounting; financial reporting and auditing standards (Such as IPSAS; IFRS; ISSAs)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.