Financial Management Specialist
Jobs at:Business Development Fund Ltd (BDF)
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RECRUITMENT FOR ACCESS TO FINANCE FOR RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE (AFIRR) PROJECT
Business Development Fund (BDF) Ltd is a nonbanking institution that was established in 2011 with a core mandate of facilitating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to access finance. BDF promotes alternative financing avenues by providing credit guarantees to viable projects, direct financing to start-ups, SACCO refinancing, and matching grants.
BDF is implementing a Five-Year World Bank financed project titled Access to Finance for Recovery and Resilience (AFIRR). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase access to finance and support recovery and resilience of businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Project design includes three main components namely (i) Liquidity and Recovery Facility to alleviate the financial constraints of firms and help them adjust their business to the post-COVID-19 scenario; (ii) Risk-sharing Facility aimed at enhancing, scaling up and expanding existing risk-sharing solutions such as partial credit guarantee (PCG) and insurance schemes with the objective of reaching MSMEs in sectors most hit by the COVID-19 pandemic; and (iii) Institutional Strengthening and Implementation Support which will aim at strengthening firms’ capability through the provision of tailored Business Development Services (BDS) and enhancing the capacity of institutions involved in the implementation of the project through provision of technical assistance support. Given the specificity of this project, BDF is setting up a Project Implementing Unit (PIU) that will oversee overall project implementation (coordination, monitoring and evaluation) over the next five years. Therefore, BDF seeks to hire six (6) competent and qualified staff with a contractual term of 5 years, which is the project period.
All the positions will be stationed at the Headquarters of the Business Development Fund (BDF) located in the Central Business District at M-Peace Plaza, 5th Floor, Kigali.
2. Financial Management Specialist
Roles and Responsibilities
The Financial Management Specialist will have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Ensure that all project funds are used in accordance with the conditions of the financing agreements, with due attention to economy and efficiency, and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided to achieve the desired objectives.
• Ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing the operation of the implementing institutions including accountancy standards and the requirements for audits and financial reporting.
• Ensure that all necessary supporting documents, records and accounts are kept in respect of all project activities, with clear linkages between the books of account and the financial statements presented to the financiers.
• Ensure that designated account and operational accounts are maintained in accordance with the provisions of the financing agreement and in accordance with the World Bank’s rules and procedures.
• Ensure the Project’s Financial Procedures as detailed in the Project Implementation and Financial Manuals are strictly adhered to by all Project staff and executing agencies. Further contribute to any updating of the Project Implementation and Financial Manuals.
• Ensure that the periodic financial reports, (i.e., monthly/quarterly/annually) are prepared in time and in the agreed format as adopted for the project and submitted to all stakeholders within the required timelines.
• Liaise with external auditors to audit the project accounts to meet the required submission dates. Review external auditor’s reports (Audit Opinions and management letters), including any qualifications and whether any concerns raised by auditors have been adequately addressed.
• Process documentation and follow up on disbursements from the Government and World Bank to ensure that releases are not delayed. Ensure that funds for project implementation are disbursed in a timely manner to enable project interventions to be carried out on time.
• Review eligibility of expenditure in accordance with the financing agreement
• Ensure relevant books and records are maintained for the project.
• Carry out any other activities that are assigned by the BDF management or the World Bank in regard to financial management of the project.
• And other financial management related activities as may be required by project management from time to time.
• Provide training, guidance, and advice on financial management related aspects to the staff of PIU and BDF in general.
Required Competencies & Knowledge
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good analytical and negotiation skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment.
• Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
• The candidate should be a qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA, or equivalent membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting institute) with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics, or related subject and at least 5 (five) years’ experiences in auditing or financial management. Familiarity with public sector financial management would be an added advantage and having worked with World Bank projects is an added advantage.
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English language is necessary. Willingness and ability to travel frequently is also required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your application letter with Curriculum Vitae, notified copies academic and professional certificates, copies of Identity card, and contact details of three references to Info@bdf.rw or Hard Copies to BDF Office Reception at M.Peace Plaza,
5th Floor , attention of Human Resource and Administration Manager not later than Friday, 20th August 2021 at 11:00 AM.
NB: BDF will contact only those who will be shortlisted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.