Jobs at:Positive Planet International’s (PPI)
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Positive Planet International’s (PPI) mission is to support women and men around the world in creating a better world for future generations and has implemented over 160 projects in 30 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. We have worked with over 80 financial services providers, trained nearly 7,000 financial inclusion professionals, reaching over 1.1 million micro entrepreneurs and smallholder farmers. Three regional offices (Egypt, Senegal and South Africa) provide operational support to project staff in a wide range of countries. This longstanding presence, combined with the diversity of our staffs’ backgrounds, allowed us to become deeply rooted in local contexts and aware of the economic, social, institutional and cultural specificities of our countries of operation. Today, Positive Planet International combines three main axes of intervention: supporting inclusive finance, the promotion of entrepreneurship, and support to inclusive value chains.
Terms of reference
PPI is looking for a Financial Trainer on a consultancy basis located in Rwanda in the frame of an EU-funded initiative: “Unlocking the potential of Rwanda’s horticultural and coffee value chains to ensure the supply of safe products to local, regional and international markets.” The project is led by the “Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria” (ICU) and implemented in partnership with the Kahawatu Foundation, which specializes in working with coffee stakeholders, and PPI. The objective of this project is to contribute to the enhancement of the Rwandan coffee value chain. Specifically, the project aims to support coffee growers and coffee washing stations (CWS) through a collaborative and market-driven approach to increase quality and margins. The intended outcomes of the project are strengthened public and private stakeholders.
PPI’s role in this project is to:
• Implement financial, business and operation management training program for ten selected CWS
• Develop, test, validate and launch new financial products in the local market for farmers and CWS
The Financial Trainer should deliver training and coaching to participating farmers at ten selected Coffee Washing Stations (CWS) in Rwanda. The mission will involve supporting CWS with financial, business and operation management training. Additionally, the Financial Trainer will be required to support the roll-out of new financial products developed, tested, validated and launched in the local market for farmers and CWS. The mission will be based in Rwanda and will require a significant amount of time in the field. .
Tasks and responsibilities
Specific tasks and responsibilities of the mission include but are not limited to:
• Assist and facilitate the assessment of training needs of selected Coffee Washing Stations (CWS).
• Facilitate and coordinate a study on the financial needs of and financial supply to the coffee value chain in Rwanda.
• Assist in the development of a training programme to professionalize the management of CWS.
• Deliver training programmes to ten CWS in Rwanda and provide follow-up coaching and mentoring in the field for all ten CWS on an ongoing basis.
• Support the logistical organization of a training workshop for financial service providers in Rwanda.
• Facilitate the building of partnerships between farmers at CWS and retail financial institutions.
• Prepare required progress and other relevant reports.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, management, agri-business, social science or another relevant discipline.
• At least four years of experience in agriculture value chain in Rwanda. Specific experience in coffee value chain will be ideal.
• Experience in providing training/coaching sessions to agri-businesses in rural settings.
• Knowledge and experience in professionalizing farmer organizations.
• Experience in conducting field research (organization and facilitation of focus group discussions, individual interviews, expert interviews).
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English (written and oral).
• Knowledge and experience in value chain finance, financial product development, and agricultural finance would be an asset.
• The ideal consultant must be based in Rwanda with the right to live and work in Rwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.