Gahini Rehabilitation Department Accountant
Jobs at:Gahini Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, July 05 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background and Purpose.
• As the department of Gahini Hospital, the Rehabilitation Department (Gahini Rehabilitation Centre) is delivering a wide range of rehabilitation services including orthopedic surgery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, prosthesis and orthosis, and community services among others. With financial support from Christian Blind Mission (CBM), Gahini Hospital is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the GRC Accountant oversees GRC’s financial resources to achieve the year's revenue and budget goals. He has a deep knowledge of various accounting and tax regulations, as it is his responsibility to make sure the organization is 100 percent compliant. In addition, he performs a variety of duties categorized by accounting support including, preparing the daily payments and receipts, preparing deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying, and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
Principal Roles And Responsibilities.
• To check the GRC team's work to make sure that their final figures are correct, noting errors and the causes of any miscalculations.
• To utilize GRC’s computer systems to run databases, pay bills, and order supplies.
• To code, total, batch, enter, verify, and reconcile transactions such as GRC accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
• To compile budget data and documents based on GRC estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
• Prepare period or cost statements or reports for GRC management.
• To calculate costs of the Rehabilitation Centre’s materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists.
• To ensure full compliance of operations with GRC rules, regulations, and policies, and plan operations on a quarterly basis.
• To establish collaborative arrangements with potential partners,
• To make use of internal standard operating procedures in Finance, Procurement, and Logistical services.
• To constantly monitor and analysis of the operating environment, timely readjustment of the operations, advice on legal considerations, and risk assessment.
• To ensure proper planning, expenditure tracking, and audit of financial resources, including extra-budgetary income in accordance with CBM and GRC rules and regulations.
• To properly manage the contributions, business process, and accounting for contributions to ensure that GRC financial operations are properly identified, consistently and uniformly classified, recorded on a timely basis, and received with sufficient supporting documentation.
• To plan, execute, and follow up on bank reconciliations.
• Organize the cost-recovery mechanisms for all projects/activities.
• To organize and oversight of cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of provision level, risk assessment, bank relationship management; timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, and security for cash assets on site.
• To monitor the financial exception reports for unusual activities, and transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions.
• To provide information to supervisors and other staff on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
• To follow up on transactions and payment approval on the Internet banking system.
• To ensure that all financial transactions are identified.
• To stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements, and industry trends
• To perform other duties as required by the GRC Management.
• Academic qualification in accounting with bachelor degree , with a desire to obtain CPA certification, if not enrolled in the program or obtained already.
• 3-5 years of experience working in bookkeeping, inventory management,
• Experience in using accounting software is a strong plus ·
• Intermediate IT skills, especially proficiency in Microsoft Excel and online document storage systems such as Google Drive.
• Experience working with online project management software is a plus · Time management skills and attention to detail ·
• Strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Candidates with the required profile are invited to submit a cover letter, a CV, and a photocopy of the degree and related certificates if any, with three professional references to the following email address: email@example.com
• Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.
• Application deadline: 05/ July/ 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.