Global Accounts Payable Clerk
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Global Accounts Payable Clerk
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers' homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Finance Department is looking for a Finance or Accounting professional to join us as Accounts Payable Clerk. As a member of the Accounts Payable team, you will approve payment requests up to a specific threshold amount after reviewing their validity regarding manager approval, tax applicability, and appropriateness of source documents. You will also work with the Compliance and Accounts Payable Officers for smooth payments execution and resolution of any payment issues. You will also support projects to improve payments process efficiencies and enhancement of controls
• Review all One Acre Fund invoices and payment requests, assessing the completeness of support documents and compliance with organization policies for satisfactory payment approval. This includes Payroll, vendor, and staff payments.
• Approve payments up to the prescribed threshold through Mobile Money and banking platforms and ensuring payment within agreed deadlines.
• Track payment errors and propose solutions to ensure they are corrected and do not recur
• Work with cross-country and finance team members to obtain information about payments.
• Communicate with external service providers including banks and mobile money provider
• Manage One Acre Fund vendor database. This includes new vendor addition, re-verification, and follow-up on non-compliant vendors.
• Support projects to improve payments process efficiencies and controls.
• Perform accounts payable administrative functions as may be assigned
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You'll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You'll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• 3+ years experience in Finance Operations or Accounts Payable
• University degree or professional qualification in Accounting or Finance
• Experience using SAP Business One and working in a multi-country organization
• Good written and spoken English (Kinyarwanda/French a plus)
• Details oriented
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.