Jobs at:EarthEnable Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Grants Associate
Company: EarthEnable, Incorporated
Reports to: Grants Manager
Location: Flexible. Preferably Kigali, Rwanda, with time spent traveling to rural areas.
Timeframe: This position will start as a 1 month probationary internship. Successful interns will either have their internship extended for 3 months, or be hired full-time.
Salary: Starting at 300,000Rwf/month net, with the potential for increase to 500,000Rwf/month net
How to Apply: Fill out the form here
Apply by: August 30, 2021
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas can come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers treasure most: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda and Uganda. 70% of Rwandans and Ugandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 75% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains local masons to become housing entrepreneurs, selling and installing the floors in their communities. Floors that meet our high standards are then sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished.
About the Role
EarthEnable is looking for someone with exceptional writing skills who can craft captivating grant applications and insightful donor reports, as a key contributor to EarthEnable’s fundraising efforts. EarthEnable’s Grants Associate will fundraise alongside the Grants Manager and CEO to help EarthEnable shape the future of rural housing and health. Grants Associates who show high potential for growth in the role will get the chance to advise and support the Grants Manager and CEO in developing a fundraising strategy, develop and execute fundraising campaigns, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, hard-working, and passionate individual who possesses a strong sense of social mission, thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment, excels at working autonomously, and demonstrates an unparalleled ability to multi-task while being detail-oriented. No previous grant-writing experience is required - the Grants Associate must be motivated to learn and grow during their time in the role.
Specific responsibilities of the role will include:
• Writing well-designed grant proposals which address grant criteria in a compelling way
• Writing grant reports to donors, with support from the Grants Manager
• Visiting field operations to accurately and effectively communicate our impact
• Assisting the Grants Manager to develop fundraising strategies, including by conducting online research to find new grant opportunities
• Providing support in copy editing as well as upskilling other employees and new hires in writing skills
• Assisting the Grants Manager in other tasks as needed
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow further in the role, and may take on the following responsibilities:
• Developing relationships with potential partner institutions and leveraging them into institutional sales
• Reaching out to potential donors to set up phone calls or meetings and having initial conversations on funding
• Managing a cadence of personalized donor communication
• Ensuring seamless potential and existing donor visits
• Working closely with finance to ensure current restricted and unrestricted grants are managed properly
• Assisting in the development of grant budgets and financial reports
• Ensuring that the Board of Directors, funders, and other key stakeholders get frequent updates about wins and worries, along with dashboards of key metrics
• Helping to manage corporate marketing (social media, newsletters, website, annual report, etc.)
• Assisting on special projects to improve the organization, efficiency, and fundraising potential of the company as needed
• Strong skills and demonstrated experience with writing
• Verbal communication and teamwork skills
• Strong research skills
• Experience with financial reporting, budgeting, Salesforce, and/or Excel would be an added advantage
• Learns on the go, doing important, higher-level work from the start
• Detail-oriented and able to multitask
• Positive attitude, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and willingness to learn new things
• Commitment to excellence and outstanding work ethic
• Resourcefulness and creative problem solving
• Strong alignment with EarthEnable’s values:
• Take pride in our impact on health. Work passionately to change the way people live.
• Set the bar for customer care. Exceed their expectations every step of the way. o Work hard and work together to achieve our most ambitious goals and dreams.
• Be resourceful and responsible with money; our impact depends on it. o Treat everyone with fairness, empathy, and concern with which we expect to be treated.
• Trust each other to have the humility to support and the vulnerability to be supported.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.