Head of Finance for Growth
Jobs at:Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR)
Deadline of this Job:
18th November 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Advertisement for Head of Finance for Growth
Access to Finance Rwanda wishes to hire a full-time staff for the position of Head of Finance for Growth. This is a senior position reporting directly to the Director of Programs.
Purpose of the position
The function will identify constraints which real sectors in the economy face and prioritize actions on those which the financial sector can actually affect thus embedding a clearer view of how the financial sector engages the real economy. This will be deeply grounded in the evolving market systems approach, which recognizes the role of different players such as public and private institutions as well as civil society in shaping financial market institutions and outcomes. Innovative financing mechanisms will be proposed that can ultimately lead to inclusive growth.
The Head of Finance for Growth bears the prime responsibility for leading AFR’s program development and implementation in Finance for Growth; ensuring that a comprehensive portfolio of impactful projects is developed and implemented to high standards. This includes leading the development of SME and Agribusiness financing strategies as well as capital markets development.
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
SUPERVISES: Project Officer Agricultural Finance .
Scope of responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Head of Finance for Growth will be responsible for the following key tasks:
• Co-ordinate research in order to understand the ecosystem of the Finance for Growth pillar and inform intervention frameworks
• Lead the development of SME and Agribusiness financing strategies as well as strategies for more general Capital Markets development; ensuring that logical theories of change are defined and kept updated
• Develop a portfolio of Implementing Partners and Projects which will collectively be effective in driving impact & systemic change
• Coordinate the roll-out of projects so that results are achieved, risks are managed and that quality projects are delivered; ensuring that learning from projects is fully utilized to maximize impact and innovation
• Actively participate in the development and implementation of AFR’s Communications plan; ensuring that the plan will result in widespread uptake of Finance for Growth Solutions and mindset change of the stakeholders who control the enabling environment for the Financial Markets Development space
• Lead the Finance for Growth pillar, in a manner that empowers them to deliver AFR’s goals and objectives
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Professional qualification and relevant accreditations (Masters level qualification in Development Finance, Finance or a relevant field)
• Certification in Project Management (PMP/ PRINCE2) or Post Graduate diploma Project Management would be an added advantage.
Job-related experience and knowledge
• 15 years of working experience, including at a senior level, in a financial markets environment (e.g. investment banking or development finance), with a strong track record in capital markets and/or exposure to project finance, private equity, corporate finance
• Knowledge of global regulation in financial markets; ability to understand the financial policy, laws, and regulations in Rwanda
• Good general knowledge of good accountancy practice and high ethical & financial standards for managing funds
• Successful track record of negotiating financing transactions and crowding in foreign direct investments (FDI).
• Track record of managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders at a regional/international level
• Experience in managing and analyzing research.
• Understanding of the development world & strategic MRM
• Has gravitas, credibility, and ability to initiate and develop strategic partnerships and alliances
• Excellent written and spoken English
• You may also access the same advert at http://afr.rw/resources/career-opportunities/
Job Education Requirements: Certification in Project Management (PMP/ PRINCE2) or Post Graduate diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 15 years
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please send your application through our recruiter - Job in Rwanda application portal by using the https://www.jobinrwanda.com/job/head_finance_growth link below and follow instructions.
Any applications sent through any other portal/email shall not be considered.
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 page) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position ALL IN 1 DOCUMENT. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be 18th November 2019.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please send an email to https://www.jobinrwanda.com/contact
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The position is open to Rwandan Nationals only with relevant experience and qualifications.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.