Head of Internal Audit
Jobs at:Unguka Bank PLC
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head of Internal Audit
Head of Internal Audit is responsible for ensuring internal audit requirements are fulfilled in accordance with Internal Audit Department Charter, Internal Audit Procedures, and external legislation or regulatory policies.
• Ensuring compliance of the bank’s operations with external legislation and regulatory policies and adherence to the bank’s approved organizational policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the running of the bank and its internal control system;
• Supervising audit teams in different audit assignments whenever necessary and supervise the preparation phase of audit assignments;
• Ensuring alignment of the Internal Audit Function staff members activities with defined standards, plans, budgets, and audit programs;
• Developing the Annual Audit Plan and ensure its execution and;
• Developing a system of cost, time, and content control over audit assignments;
• Establishing, maintaining and continuously developing a unified audit methodology and framework in line with audit standards and ensure the implementation of such as well as Internal Audit Procedures;
• Developing new audit programs, checklists, working papers, etc. for assigned areas and continuously revise and improve them;
• Provide reports as required.
• Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management, Business, or other bank-related courses;
• Hold one of professional certificates in internal auditing, ACCA, CPA, and CFA;
• 3 years of relevant Audit work experiences in managerial position in financial institution, auditing firms, or related institutions;
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations;
• Strong organizational skills & Strong understanding of audit methodology and exam management processes;
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports;
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality;
• Ability to focus on high-quality execution and lead audit assignments;
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills;
• High level of English proficiency read, write, speak
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
"If you believe your career objectives match these challenging roles, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in subject line not later than November 5,2021 at 4:00 pm. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interviews. "
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.