Health Financing and Private Sector Engagement Expert
Deadline of this Job:
01 December 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RIHSA is seeking to recruit a Health Financing and Private Sector Engagement Expert to support RIHSA and the Ministry of Health’s health financing efforts as well as to play a coordinating role in private sector engagement towards enabling public private partnerships and the strengthening of private sector stewardship for improved health outcomes. This position is aligned with the GOR’s priority to mobilize the private sector to play a leading role in accelerating the country’s growth, especially private investments in specialized care and service provision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate and contribute technically to health financing and private sector engagement discussions, dialogues and fora.
• Provide hand-on support to the Planning, M&E and Health Financing Departments of the Ministry of Health. This will include providing technical support in key PSE policy development and implementation.
• Contribute to technical publications such as briefs, policies and researches
• Facilitate the design and implementation of technical support activities related to private sector engagement in Rwanda
• Ensure a cordial relationship between RIHSA and MOH, including fostering easy access to strategic MOH officers.
• Stay abreast with emerging trends in health financing and private sector engagement including best practices to inform RIHSA technical activities
• In collaboration with RIHSA’s Private Sector Engagement Advisor, coordinate private sector meetings and information sessions including the PSE Core team meetings
• Interact with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Preferably a Master’s degree in health financing, public health, international development, health economics, public policy, economics, health sector management, or related field. A Bachelor's degree will be acceptable with relevant years of experience.
• At least three (3) years of experience in health finance, private sector engagement, and or related topics
• Clear understanding of private health sector dynamics, health systems and health financing issues in Rwanda is required
• Experience developing and implementing activities in support of universal health coverage objectives, required
• Experience in public-private partnerships (PPPs) desirable
• Familiarity with Rwandan health system and health financing landscape preferred
• Familiarity with USAID-supported projects
• Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences. Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills, including significant experience with report development and delivering oral presentations supported by PowerPoint slides.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Appropriate skills in conducting research and data analysis (Excel, STATA, SPSS or similar)
• Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
• Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
• Fluent in English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/12427?c=palladium
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.