Health Financing and Private Sector Engagement Expert
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, January 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Health Financing and Private Sector Engagement Expert
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The USAID-funded Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) seeks to support the Ministry of Health in strengthening Rwanda’s health system to provide quality health care for Rwandans while building the capacity of the GOR to move away from a donor-financed health system to self-reliance. The project is aimed at achieving two major objectives:
• Reduce financial barriers to health care through a mix of public and private interventions and provide tools for improved domestic resource mobilization and improve health care financing for the GOR.
• Improve the quality of essential health services at national, facility and community levels utilizing a health systems approach.
Through a focus on financing and quality, RIHSA provides technical assistance to the GOR on various strategies, tools and approaches that will allow Rwanda to sustainably fund its healthcare system and provide quality care at all levels. The Activity is implemented by a consortium led by Palladium International LLC (Palladium) in partnership with RTI International, the Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa (COHSASA), Zenysis Technologies, and the Rwanda Agency for Accreditation and Quality of Healthcare (RAAQH).
RIHSA is seeking to recruit a Health Financing and Private Sector Engagement Expert to support RIHSA and the Ministry of Health’s health financing efforts as well as to play a coordinating role in private sector engagement towards enabling public private partnerships and the strengthening of private sector stewardship for improved health outcomes. This position is aligned with the GOR’s priority to mobilize the private sector to play a leading role in accelerating the country’s growth, especially private investments in specialized care and service provision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate and contribute technically to health financing and private sector engagement discussions, dialogues and fora.
• Provide hand-on support to the Planning, M&E and Health Financing Departments of the Ministry of Health. This will include providing technical support in key PSE policy development and implementation.
• Contribute to technical publications such as briefs, policies and researches
• Facilitate the design and implementation of technical support activities related to private sector engagement in Rwanda
• Ensure a cordial relationship between RIHSA and MOH, including fostering easy access to strategic MOH officers.
• Stay abreast with emerging trends in health financing and private sector engagement including best practices to inform RIHSA technical activities
• In collaboration with RIHSA’s Private Sector Engagement Advisor, coordinate private sector meetings and information sessions including the PSE Core team meetings
• Interact with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Preferably a Master’s degree in health financing, public health, international development, health economics, public policy, economics, health sector management, or related field. A Bachelor's degree will be acceptable with relevant years of experience.
• At least three (3) years of experience in health finance, private sector engagement, and or related topics
• Experience developing and implementing activities in support of universal health coverage objectives, required
• Experience in public-private partnerships (PPPs) desirable
• Familiarity with Rwandan health system and health financing landscape preferred
• Familiarity with USAID-supported projects
• Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences. Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills, including significant experience with report development and delivering oral presentations supported by PowerPoint slides.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Appropriate skills in conducting research and data analysis (Excel, STATA, SPSS or similar)
• Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
• Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
• Fluent in English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.