Human Resources & Administrative Officer
Jobs at:FH Association (Food for the Hungry)
Deadline of this Job:
22 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Food For The Hungry (Fh)
FH Association (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian, Relief and Development organization with a vision “All forms of Poverty ended worldwide” and a mission; “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty”. FH Rwanda operates in Kamonyi, Ruhango, Muhanga, Gatsibo, Nyagatare, and Ngororero districts and is looking forward to expanding its interventions in the Ngororero district. Our Head Office is located at Umuyenzi Plazza, 2nd Floor, Kisimenti – Remera.
We are seeking to hire a qualified, dedicated, and experienced Rwandan National for the “Human Resources and Administrative Officer”. The position holder shall be based in Kigali Office with limited travels to the field and reports to the HR & Administration Manager.
Purpose Of The Position
The Human Resources & Administrative Officer will provide support to the field locations of FH Rwanda in the execution of HR policies and programs and related activities. He/she will also support the execution of all human resource services including the administration of HR practices.
Main Key Results
Supervision of execution of HR policies, procedures, and programs
• Supervise a team of administration staff, allocate tasks, monitor quality and progress of activities, provide coaching and feedback to team members, including regular performance reviews.
• Support the field management regarding the execution of HR policies and the interpretation of rules, staffing, and related personnel problems.
• Actively support and contribute to the development and adherence of FH HR policies and procedures
• Seek to understand national laws related to employment, taxation, and other issues related to human resource management and actively support FH policies alignment to these laws
• Training FH staff on FH HR policies and procedures especially FH Foundation, safe guarding policies, code of conduct, etc.
Support HR business activities
• Coordinate – in liaison with the HR Manager - the recruitment process from formulating job advertisements, arranging interviews, documenting interview results, reference checks, and drafting job offers
• Prepare contracts and all other statutory documents for newly hired staff, temporary staff, and volunteers.
• Responsible for monitoring expiry dates and maintaining schedules for contract expiry dates and probation period expiry dates and take the necessary actions regarding continuing, renewing, or terminating contracts under the supervision of the HR manager.
• Prepare induction programs for new staff and advice on accommodation options for expatriates.
• Ensure that personnel files are maintained and contain relevant and up to date staff information and are kept in a secure lockable cabinet
• Under the supervision of HR manager, responsible for timely processing of the national staff payroll in compliance with statutory deduction.
• Ensure high level of confidentiality regarding personnel data and ensure that all employee information is kept up to date, is complete, and held in a secure place.
Managing medical / insurance schemes/staff care/ staff development
• Coordinate the process of renewals of and changes in medical/Insurance schemes for all staff, including the provision of information to staff.
• Enroll joining staff into the medical scheme, including various insurance covers.
• Coordinate and actively suggest staff care activities for national staff
• Take lead in implementation of a staff development plan by maintaining follow ups on staff to take training courses identified during the fiscal year
Handle and monitor administrative activities
• Process work permits and other immigration documents for expatriates.
• Process invitation letters for visitors and advise them on visa regimes
• Assist in overseeing general administrative duties e.g. office cleanliness, mails, office supplies, etc
• Handle all administrative issues in the absence of HR manager
• Maintain an up to date record of leave balances using the human resource software
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field
• At least three years of working experience in HR within an NGO.
• Knowledge of local laws and regulations
Other Essential Requirements
• Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
• Working knowledge of Human Resources practices
• People skills: warmth with people, conversational, able to relate to and be in continual interaction and communication with people.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
• Ability to learn new concepts and ideas, adaptable
• Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover letter and updated CV/Resume with three professional referees (including email address and day telephone contacts), not later than Wednesday 22nd September 2021 using the following link: http://184.108.40.206/fhrwjobs/
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• If any issues are experienced, please contact us separately at email@example.com
FH Safeguarding Policy
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
PDF icon Job advert -HR & Admin Officer36208a80756a9d81d6bf205989475668.pdf
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.