Internal Audit And Compliance Coordinator
Jobs at:Trust Engineering Solutions Limited (Tres)
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TRES is a telecommunication company founded in 2009. Its services include BTS site turnkey Rollout, operation and maintenance of BTS Site, RF and microwave installation, mobile network optimization, IBS turnkey rollout, BTS management tools development and Training. In Dec 2020, TRES became a licensed tower company, and since then it is building its own towers and renting their utilization to mobile network operators.
About the role
TRES is looking to hire a full-time Internal Audit and Compliance Coordinator (IACC) who will be responsible for overseeing the compliance function of the company. The IACC will be reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED) on behalf of the Board of Directors (BOD). Below is the job description for the position:
Internal Audit Planning
• Develop an annual Audit Plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including risks or control concerns identified by the ED and the BOD, and present the same to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors for review and approval.
• Implement the annual Audit Plan, as approved, including, where appropriate, any special audits or reviews requested by ED and the BOD.
• Recruit and maintain a professional audit and compliance staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications.
• Issue an audit report to the ED and the BOD and any other relevant parties at the conclusion of each audit to communicate the audit findings, recommendations, and management action plans.
• Follow up on outstanding management action plans to ensure significant risks and major deficiencies identified are effectively addressed and remedied by management within the mutually agreed timeframe.
• Appraise the adequacy of corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
• Prepare and present quarterly reports to the ED and the BOD summarizing the status and the results of audit activities.
• Develop audit strategies for all areas of audit in accordance with the risk-based approach and audit methodology.
• Ensure compliance with acceptable audit standards in mitigation of business and operational risks.
• Investigate suspected fraudulent activities within the company and notify ED and the BOD of the results.
• Perform special investigations (Management Requests, forensic audit/surprise audits.)
• Perform any incidental tasks from time to time that are necessary for the furtherance of the above duties and responsibilities in the best interest of the company.
Internal Control Review
• Develop internal audit review plans, focusing on the audit of operations and processes.
• Develop a risk/control matrix and appropriate audit programs for each audit area.
• Allocate work to and supervise other internal audit and compliance staff.
• Ensure that management is kept informed of all significant internal control issues and liaise with managers across all business units to promote best practice.
• Liaise with managers the risk posed by any internal control weaknesses identified.
• Ensure that management letter points raised by external auditors receive due attention and are acted upon.
• Review functions and activities in the company to determine the nature of operations and adequacy of system of internal controls to achieve established objectives.
Compliance Audit Review
• Identify compliance requirements by regulators (RURA, RDB, RRA, RSB, Labour Office, etc), including compliance requirements as per the relevant laws, orders and rulings and perform, as part of the periodic internal audits, compliance reviews and report on the same to the ED and the BOD.
• Identify compliance requirements under Integrated Management Systems and relevant standards followed by the company (ISO 9001 and 45001) and perform, as part of the periodic internal audits, compliance reviews and report on the same the ED and the BOD.
• Identify any other areas that require a high degree of assurance and performance of compliance audit reviews to mitigate business risk.
• The candidate is required to have the following skills:
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Analytical mindset and skills.
• Research skills.
• Able to collaborate in a diverse team of individuals.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Problem solving mindset and open to learning.
• Fluent in English (French is an added advantage)
• Able to work in Rwanda.
Standard office working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, there are special situations where the job may require additional working hours depending on the nature and urgency of the work at hand.
Education and Experience
• An undergraduate degree in any business-related field.
• CPA graduate or candidate nearing completion.
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience, of which at least three (3) years are in a supervisory role in internal audit or compliance review
TRES is offering a competitive pay package which will be negotiated based on work experience and technical skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com The deadline for application is 15th December 2022. Late applications will not be considered. The subject of the email should be “JOB APPLICATION FOR INTERNAL AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR AT TRES”
Due to the expected volume of applications, we will be reaching out to shortlisted candidates only. TRES is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.