Internal Audit Manager
Jobs at:MUA Insurance Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, November 12 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors, the Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for leading the internal audit function within the company. This role will oversee the planning, execution, and reporting of internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls, compliance with policies and regulations, and the overall risk management framework.
Duties and responsibilities
• Perform and plan audit reviews, as per approved annual audit plan, using MUA methodology.
• Prepare a yearly risk-based internal audit plan for MUA Insurance Rwanda Limited and provide input on what could be covered.
• Develop a comprehensive audit program with risk and control matrix to carry out internal audits for MUA Insurance Rwanda Limited.
• Prepare and issue audit reports to management after audits are completed, obtain and review responses from management, prior to communication to the Managing Director and the audit committee of the Board of Directors.
• Attend audit committees for presentation of audit reports
• Inform the Managing Director, Audit committee of the Board of Directors and MUA Internal Audit (Mauritius) of audit activities and material audit findings through routinely scheduled reports and/or meetings, as required.
• Conduct follow up on new and existing (open and d overdue) internal audit issues with process owners/ Head of Departments in a timely manner and perform testing of issues where needed.
• Liaise with Group Risk Management regarding Risk Acceptance of issues
• Establish and maintain professional ties in related professional groups.
• Prepare monthly fact sheet and send to MUA Internal Audit (Mauritius), for further reporting at the MUA Audit Committee held in Mauritius.
• Manage the audit function independently as per MUA Insurance Rwanda Limited’s current organization chart, functionally reporting to the committee of the Board of Directors, then reporting to the Chief Executive Officer administratively.
• Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant professional certifications (e.g., CISA, CPA) are required.
• Skills & Personal Attributes.
• Proven experience as an Internal Audit Manager or in a similar internal audit leadership role, preferably in the insurance industry or financial services sector.
• Strong knowledge of internal audit principles, practices, and methodologies.
• Familiarity with insurance industry regulations, compliance requirements, and risk management frameworks.
• Excellent understanding of internal control concepts and frameworks
• Working condition
• The Job’s responsibilities sometimes may require travelling, working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.