Landscape Approach to Forest Restoration and Conservation (LAFREC/ REMA)
Deadline of this Job:
29th April 2019
Date Posted: 23rd April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Currency: RWF , Value: 200000 , Minimum: 140000 , Maximum: 600000 , Period: MONTH
Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA) through the Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU), has obtained funds from different development partners to support the Government of Rwanda in its commitment to deliver on its development agenda. It is in this framework that REMA would like to recruit competitive employees on the positions of INTERNAL AUDITOR.
Position: INTERNAL AUDITOR
Duration: One (1) Year Renewable
Working experience in a public institution in Rwanda would be of distinct advantage.
N.B: Where the requirements of the position in this vacancy notice contradict with those in the previous one, this shall prevail over the former. In addition, we inform the applicants who have already submitted their applications responding to previous notice that they will be considered as long as they fulfill the requirements stated in this notice. Please note that only applicants fulfilling the conditions in this notice shall be considered..
Duty and Responsibilities:
• To provide the required assurance, the internal auditor undertakes a programme of work based on strategy, authorized by laws and regulations guiding public institutions.
• Identify and evaluating SPIU’s projects risks in all auditable areas and prepare a risk based annual audit plan;
• Ensure the integrity and adequacy of, financial systems, Internal controls systems and advise accordingly;
• Verify the adherence and conformity to laws, policies and procedures and advice accordingly;
• Assess whether current controls are adequate to identify risk and provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management practices;
• Conduct quality review of financial statement by carrying out audits that evaluate the controls over revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities designed to optimize the efficient use of resources and effectiveness of operations;
• Verify system reports against source records to determine reliability;
• Verify the details of recorded transactions;
• Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies;
• Help management to improve efficiency and to ensure that governance, risk management and internal control systems are operating efficiently and effectively;
• Summarize Internal Audit activities in a consolidated report to be submitted to Audit Committee with copies to Chief Budget Manager and the Office of the Government Chief Internal Auditor and represent internal audit in committee meetings;
• Maintain quality of work by preparing engagement plans, audit programs, working papers and obtaining adequate audit evidence to support work done and findings;
• Ensure that operations are executed in Conformity with regulations in force;
• Verify whether books of accounts are regularly maintained and ensure that operations are quickly registered with their exact amounts, in the real accounts to ensure on one hand the preparation of the financial information as required by the account methodologies and on the other hand to justify a good management of the property;
• Verify that funds spent are utilized according to priority programs of the SPIU Projects;
• Evaluate the controls over revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities designed to optimize the economical and efficient use of resources and effectiveness of operations;
• A0 in Accounting, Public Finance or Management with specialization in Finance/Accounting.Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different; national and cultural backgrounds;
• Excellent skills in program planning, implementation, and team building;
• Ability to take initiative and to work independently, as well as part of a team;
• Excellent working knowledge of English and track record in producing communications and reports in English;
• Computer literacy in full Microsoft Office and office technology equipment;
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
The deadline for the submission of the applications shall be on the 29 /04/2019
Late application shall not be considered, and online applications are unacceptable
Interested candidates will submit their applications at REMA’s office located in Kacyiru,
For any further information you can always look at REMA website.
Eng. Coletha U. RUHAMYA