Jobs at:PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE (PFTH)
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women's status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights .
To provide support to the Senior Management team in offering effective oversight in the governance/compliance at PFTH in order to ensure that the organization is compliant with its policies ( HR and Finance police, etc..), Donors’ agreements and Employees contracts; Including but not limited to:
• Monitoring and reviewing the performance and operational implementation of PFTH in line with agreed contracts to ensure that all aspects are in line with agreed terms of reference of signed contract agreements
• Regularly providing senior management with opinion and advice on the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the organization and impact they have on organizational performance;
• Reporting to the Senior Management Team (SMT) on areas of non-compliance to organizational policy or internal controls and provide support in addressing areas concerned;
• Monitor and provide feedback to senior management, on the timely implementation of management recommendations of fraud prevention measures; conflict of interest; etc...
• Support SMT's efforts to establish a culture that embraces ethics, honesty, and integrity; with the evaluation of internal controls used to detect or mitigate fraud, evaluate the organization's assessment of fraud risks;
• Developing and implementing audit programs for audit assignments; ensuring that all priority issues are addressed; assess compliance to PFTH policies and procedures.
Review Organisation Policies
Support the heads of the department by reviewing and monitoring the application of PFTH policies and ensuring that they are consistently applied throughout the organization and where required update policies so to allow for systematic implementation of PFTH operations; including but not limited to
• Assessing system gaps to inform the development of new policies and review of the existing ones so that they are relevant and have positive impact on the operations of PFTH;
• Reviewing and developing the Internal Audit policies and procedures and ensuring that staff are aware of these policies;
• Providing technical support to the senior management team in the development and review of departmental policies and procedures;
• Ensuring that all policies and procedures are adequately approved and communicated to all staff members.
Managing and Coordinating Internal Audit Activities
To manage and coordinate the Internal Audit operational activities; ensuring that all routines activities are completed in a timely manner and all identified issues are addressed by the relevant department/ staff. Including but not limited to:
• Prepare audit and document audit plan and procedures prior to conducting the audit;
• Conducting the Value for money audit, expenditure testing, and other financial related records;
• Perform a thorough review of the monthly financial statements including the bank reconciliations, trial balance and the cashbook;
• Conduct ad-hoc petty cash and other cash counts as required and general audits as planned by ensuring that records are representative of findings;
• Verification of stores/warehouse and now –warehouse items, accounting records and cash securities to ensure compliance with policies;
• Prepare and submit to immediate supervisor accurate and reliable audit reports after undertaking internal audits in a timely manner;
• Monitor implementation of audit recommendations and reports to SMT on status for relevant follow-up action;
• Review the accuracy of the payroll and timely submission of the statutory requirements-PAYE, NSSF and other levies to the respective Authorities;
• Safeguarding assets from loss or misuse by reviewing and monitoring the assets coding systems, assets register, motor vehicles movements, and overhead expenses and accounting records against documented records for accuracy and control;
• Perform Procurement Spot Checks and submit report to the Director of Admin and Finance on a monthly basis;
• Review contracts of employees, landlord, service providers to ensure that they are valid, that all terms and conditions are followed and any adjustments are developed through records addendums.
To identify and effectively manage PFTH’s organizational risks in order to maximize the achievement of organizational objectives and provide guidance to senior management on the effectiveness of the risk management strategies and interventions implemented. Including but not limited to:
• Facilitating the process of identifying PFTH’s risk areas including identification of emerging risks;
• Coordinating the process of conducting annual organization-wide risk assessments to measure the likelihood and impact of identified risks, i.e. developing parameters, methods, and tools for evaluating, categorizing, and prioritizing risks- likelihood, risk consequence, and thresholds to trigger management action;
• Facilitating the development of the risk mitigation strategy/ plan, proposing appropriate controls including the scope of management and other individual accountability and a monitoring plan, to ensure the implementation of the strategy/ plan;
• Consolidating reporting on risk and Preparing and providing quarterly reports to the senior management team including the risk register on emerging risks and the implementation of organizational risk management strategy/ plan;
• Planning and facilitating periodic risk assessments to ascertain and Conduct awareness/ training sessions to sensitize senior management, staff on their roles in the implementation of policy and risk management, promoting risk awareness and ownership culture across the organization;
• Planning and facilitating periodic risk assessments to ascertain and determine the level of organizational risk; suggest possible measures to mitigate risk and work with the SMT to ensure that identified risks are addressed.
Sub Grants Support and Capacity Building
To ensure that internal and external funds advanced to all subgrantees are utilized efficiently and that there is value for money and accountability is provided for all funds advanced. Including but not limited to:
• Supporting the development and improvement of guidelines for the management of subgrant activities;
• Supporting, sensitizing and training of subgrantees on the PFTH’s sub-grant management guidelines, clearly explaining to them the standards of accountability expected of them;
• Developing and implementing plans for follow up of subgrantee audit report actions and ensuring risk and exposure to PFTH is minimized; • Regularly reviewing and evaluating the adequacy of accountabilities presented by subgrantees;
• Providing regular reports on activity areas that require improvement in terms of accountability for funds;
• Monitor that the planned activities (service delivery, procurement, infrastructural improvements, etc.) are carried out efficiently and effectively ensuring that there is value for money;
• Reviewing that the entire expenditures of the grants/contracts, sub-grants and partners are within the approved budget and that proper donor fund is applied and ensure that all discrepancies are addressed with the relevant department/staff;
• Identifying gaps and weakness faced in the implementation of the subgrant activities by subgrantees of PFTH;
• Providing recommendations to improve or address the gaps identified and to ensure audit actions are being implemented;
• Supporting the development and improvement of guidelines for the management of subgrant activities.
To manage the department budget ensuring efficient usage and high standards of accountability. Including but not limited to
• Conducting regular financial checks ensuring that funds advanced to staff are accounted for in a timely manner;
• Working with and in liaison with accountants; receive periodic financial statements and budget updates, taking appropriate corrective action in case of any variance from what has been planned;
• Liaising with procurement function to contract for goods and services;
• Ensuring that Internal Audit financial information required by the organization is provided on time and to standard; ensuring that requirements for the allocation of resources are adhered to by all staff in the Internal Audit team at all times.
Coordinate and Support External Auditors Engagement with PFTH
Liaise and coordinate with external and or third part external auditors who represent the donor, legal authorities, ensuring that PFTH is cooperative and supportive in conducting a professional audit and maintaining the integrity of PFTH. Including but not limited to:
• Liaises with project coordinators and Program Managers on external audit requirements as per donor contract;
• Facilitate the development and preparation of scope of work for the specified audit ensuring that all the required aspects, areas of responsibility and expectations are clearly defined for quality output;
• Support external auditors while on PFTH assignments ensuring that they have access to information enabling them to deliver as required;
• Oversee external audits to ensure these are managed in an appropriate manner (e.g. agreed-upon schedules, debriefings, review of draft audit recommendations and findings, etc.);
• Close follow up to ensure statutory payments are dully affected;
• Follow-up and ensure that the management responses to external auditors are implemented;
• To deliberately set out in ensuring that principles of gender equality are upheld throughout the area of responsibility;
• To take responsibility for own area of work, be accountable for own actions and decisions and be answerable for resulting consequences.
• To carry out other duties as requested by the management
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements for the Role
• University Degree in Business and Administration specialized in Accounting or Finance.
• Pursuing professional courses in CPA/ACCA. The full qualification will be an added value.
• More than five (5) years’ work experience in an audit environment.
• Strong working knowledge of administrative, finance and human resources policies and procedures;
• Demonstrated skills in assessing business process and proposing solutions to make operations more efficient, more effective, and/or better controlled;
• Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets and word processing;
• Ability to use accounting software( QuickBooks and SAGE 100)
• Ability to prepare concise report in English;
• Ability to work with a variety of personnel;
• Ability to remain independent from other functions within the organization;
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda; basic French knowledge would be a plus;
• Engaged and committed individual willing to abide by PFTH Core values;
• Ability to work independently with minimal close-support from a supervisor.
• Application letter addressed to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe;
• Updated CV;
• Academic documents (both degree and transcript);
• Professional course progress report or certificate;
• Copy of national ID card/passport.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The application addressed to the Chairperson of the Pro-Femmes Twese Hamwe shall be submitted at PFTH Head Office in Gahanga sector, Kicukiro district –Kigali City, not later than 3rd March 2020 at 10h00 am (Local time)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.