Deadline of this Job:
Monday, April 10 2023
Date Posted:Monday, April 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AFRIPRECAST Ltd is Rwanda's first Precast Concrete Manufacturing Factory. A professional company that brings uniqueness and diversity in architectural and structural building solutions, providing clients with the best quality products. Afriprecast Ltd was established to support real estate and construction sectors in Rwanda, by manufacturing quality concrete products used in the construction industry. Precast technology provides solutions to challenges in construction industry such as reducing the time taken to deliver projects, improving on efficiency and reducing overall construction costs through quality products.
OVERALL, PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide independent and objective assurance to the BOD on the adequacy and effectiveness of key interal financial and operational controls in the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Internal Auditor shall have double reporting obligations: Administrative reporting to the CEO, and functionally to the Board Audit Committee. The following will be his/her responsibilities:
1. Take overall responsibility for Afriprecast Ltd Internal Audit function in relation to compliance, internal control effectiveness and reporting standards.
2. Prepare annual audit plans, monitor progress on the implementation of the plans and disseminate Best Practice identified from individual audits
3. Prepare periodic audit reports
4. Plan for, conduct and report on the required financial, operational and special audits
5. Follow up on the progress of implementation of management recommendations
6. Provide support to anti-fraud programs
7. Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified
8. Maintain working relationships with external auditors and ensure implementation of recommendations.
9. Document audit work by preparing audit working papers and the audit file
10. Facilitate internal controls/risk assessment workshops and issue targeted control sensitization communication
11. Perform other adhoc audit assignments relating to governance, risk management and control as appropriate.
12. Investigate on suspected fraudulent activities within the organization and notify management and the Audit Committee of the results:
13. Keep the Audit Committee informed of emerging trends & successful practices in internal auditing; and
14. Assist the Audit Committee in any other way in connection with the discharge of its dufies and responsibilities
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Internal Controls
2. Risk Management Timely Audit Reports
3. Coordination with external auditors
QUALIFICATION AND DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in Accounting, Finance, Business
2. Professional qualification from recognized institutions - ACCA/CPA.CIA,CISA or equivalent
3. Membership of relevant Professional body in good standing
4. 5 years of professional experience in internal auditing and/or external audit firm conducting financial, operational with in construction or manufacturing business is added value.
5. Proficiency in ICT
6. Analytical Skills
7. Highly organized mindset with attention to details
8. Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
9. Strong organizational skils & Strong understanding of audit methodology and exam management processes
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
12. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
13. Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality
14. Ability to focus on high quality execution and lead audit assignments.
15. High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
16. Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, and updated CV all along in one PDF Document-via email only to: email@example.com with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is April 10th 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.