Jobs at:VisionFund Rwanda (VFR)
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR) is one of the largest deposit-taking Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Rwanda with a mission to provide financial and non-financial services to underprivileged rural communities. VFR is a subsidiary of VisionFund International and began in 1997 as a World Vision microfinance program, and in 2004 became a Central Bank regulated MFI in Rwanda.
We provide microfinance products to empower the clients we serve, primarily vulnerable women with children and youth in rural areas. Our products provide financial services to strengthen Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs) and groups. Our average loan size is US $235. Strategically, we are one of the biggest partners with World Vision Rwanda and Care International in Rwanda.
Our savings products include educational savings accounts for children and we are developing financial products targeting youth. VisionFund Rwanda’s eight branches serve the entire country. Ninety percent of our field officers' work is spent in rural areas meeting potential clients and groups. The introduction of digital solutions allows our loan officers to provide better access to financial services for our most remote clients.
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda. VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high-performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so. VFR needs to recruit experienced and qualified staff on following positions:
Reporting to Head of Risk and Finance
Work location: NYAMATA or HQ
MIS Officer will be Responsible for the daily accurate transaction posting report, complete and Timely capturing of loan data in system, and attending to MIS related queries.
• Ensure that all received loan applications are accurately and completely captured in the system.
• Ensure that all information on the loan application form are captured in system with accuracy,
• Ensure that all loans are disbursed in the system without errors,
• Ensure that all repayments sheets are done in a timely and accurate manner to enable the finance department reconcile the necessary financial reports without difficulties.
• Ensure that all the loan application forms are signed and checked by the loans committee prior to their getting processed and the necessary documentation.
• Ensure that the necessary data is clearly indicated on the application forms,
• Ensure that all queries from Loan Officers are attended to on timely basis.
• Ensure that savings withdrawn from Branches are timely processed.
• Timely reporting of issues identified in loan applications to Branches or heads of department if needed.
• Filing of all documents used in MIS unit.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor,
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Good acumen in accounting and financial issues
• Working knowledge in “banking” operations
• Good knowledge in loan tracking system
• Good established track record in lending
• Good analytical skills
• Organization and time management skills
• Attention to details team working Skills
Qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Economics, Finance, accounting, and other related field
• 2 Years’ related experience
VisionFund Rwanda is willing to offer you a competitive salary, challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, develop your expertise by working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused, and high performing environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If the aforementioned positions speak to you, carefully complete the pre-screen questionnaire and attach your Application letter together with detailed and updated CV via following email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th January, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. By sending in your application, you consent to VFR running a background check on.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.