National advisor for the MINICT Directorate of Future Planning
Jobs at:The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ)
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The senior advisor will be responsible for the operationalization of the Future planning Directorate by structuring key projects and building capacities for the Directorate’s new staff members to be recruited. She/he will act as the Senior Expert of Future Planning, at the Ministry of ICT and Innovation.
The national advisor performs the following tasks:
• Mainstream a radical, digital, and data-first approach to modernize the planning process, and as a result facilitate the Ministry and sector to a planning process driven by data.
• Develop tools, systems data sets, and other resources required to support the Ministry, sector, and all relevant stakeholders to use digital tools to support a new engagement and decision-making process hinged on data;
• Facilitate collaboration between Institutes of Higher Learning, research institutes, and industry in data science R&D, with the aim of driving industry adoption of cutting-edge data science and analytics technologies;
• Coordinate research and analysis to identify and integrate relevant future/frontier policies, strategies, programs, and technologies that may be adopted to ensure the ICT sector and Ministry deliver on their mandate.
• Support the development of a comprehensive resources and skills strategy for future planning for the Ministry and sector at large to support the implementation of policies, strategies, and plans developed by the directorate.
• Continuously monitor technological developments and their conditions, leading to early identification of promising future applications and an assessment of their potential.
• Analyze key areas of expected change where ICT for governance and policy modeling research is likely to have a significant impact on the public sector and on society, in different future scenarios;
• Work in partnership with relevant institutions to engage and attract investors in identified future technologies.
• Support the development, diffusion, and adoption of identified strategies, policies, and technologies identified to contribute to Rwanda’s socio-economic transformation efforts.
• Manage and maintain an excellent working relationship with both national and international stakeholders and initiate partnerships that promote, strengthen and drive the mandate of the Future Planning Directorate.
• Support transfer of knowledge and skills within the Directorate of Future Planning and key counterparts in the Ministry and the ICT sector.
• Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Minister of Information Communication Technology and Innovation in designing and implementing relevant future strategies and policies to achieve Vision 2050 and NST1 goals.
• Other policy and strategic tasks as required by the senior leadership of the Ministry.
• Conduct other related activities as required by the Ministry.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, ICT, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication, a Professional certification in relevant fields a plus.
• 7 years of relevant working experience, with proven experience leading data focused projects.
• Strong understanding of the dynamics of ICT demonstrated by experience in conducting and leading research and programs in that area.
• Substantive overall understanding of economic development trends and ability to present related issues clearly both to a general and a specialist audience.
• Substantive overall understanding in technology trends, innovation, and ability to present related issues clearly both to a general and a specialist audience.
• Preference for individuals with development projects work experience in Africa and/or other developing markets, especially in Rwanda.
• Demonstrate previous experience in public policy.
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Excellent business writing, presentation skills, and verbal communication skills (in English).
• Strong project management skills.
• Effective interpersonal and leadership skills. Team player with an ability to develop and foster relationships with diverse stakeholders.
• Proven ability to mentor, coach, and build capacity, across different capacities.
• Drive, motivation, and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Fluency in English, Kinyarwanda is required French; knowledge is an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 27th September 2021, by e-mail to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.