Program Finance and Field Officer, TTP Rwanda
Jobs at:African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Program Finance and Field Officer, TTP Rwanda!
The Teacher Training Programme (TTP) Rwanda is a five year blended (face-to-face and online) training Programme seeking to enhance the capacity of secondary school teachers (in-service and pre-service) in the teaching of mathematics, biology, chemistry, and physics with the use of information technologies as a key component in teaching and learning. In partnership with the Government of Rwanda, the Rwanda Education Board (REB), the National Examination and Schools Inspection Authority (NESA), and the University of Rwanda College of Education (UR-CE), the Programme will equip teachers with skills, tools, and resources to implement the competency based curriculum (CBC) using transformative teacher centric professional development approach.
The Program Finance and Field Officer will undertake all payments in the field involving TTP Rwanda stakeholders, maintain up-to-date books related to all payments made in the field, and ensure smooth financial transactions in the field related to the TTP Rwanda. As the Ideal candidate, you will ensure field financial activities are well documented in accordance with AIMS documents naming policy, create and support the maintenance of information on warranties, leases, and software contracts and licenses and support the Inputting of all AIMS TTP financial data into the AIMS-NEI accounting system.
As the Program Finance and Field Officer, you will manage all aspects of accounting and financial requirements of TTP Rwanda ensuring compliance with AIMS-NEI organizational financial policies as well as statutory financial requirements including and not limited to (cash flow management, budgeting, and financial forecasting, annual accounting and financial statements), you will work collaboratively with all program partners to ensure compliance with AIMS financial policies and procurement procedures. Ensure appropriate quality control mechanisms are in place to preserve and safeguard the integrity of financial data via good record keeping protocol and oversee the execution of general accounting and financial transactions to ensure faster and efficient auditing.
Additionally, you will in prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including budget reports to the Director of TTP, and do report on asset inventory and management including the depreciation of key capital items.
This is a full-time opportunity based in Kigali with extensive travel within Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
• A university degree in accounting or finance is required, a Master’s degree is an asset;
• At least 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience;
• Accreditation with a recognized accounting body is an asset;
• Experience with an accounting software such as Sage 300 ERP (formerly Sage ERP ACCPAC) etc.;
• Ability to train others in financial operations required;
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with particular strength in the use of Excel spreadsheet;
• Experience in the use of cloud computing including common applications among them Gmail, Skype, SharePoint, etc.;
• Knowledge and experience of regulatory requirements for institutional funders;
• Working knowledge of international donor procedures and security management;
• Experience working in an NGO is an added advantage;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to build and manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including dealings with donors;
• Self-directed with excellent organizational skills, attention to details and an ability to meet deadlines;
• Articulate communication skills, both verbal and written, to influence and facilitate
• Flexible to adapt to an evolving environment;
• Proficiency with MS Office, Google Apps, and Skype;
• A good command of English language, a working knowledge of French is essential.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click on https://aimsnei.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=36 . Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2021.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.