Programme Support Coordinator
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title : Programme Support Coordinator
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 September 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and in close coordination with relevant units in the Regional Office (RO) for East and Horn of Africa in Nairobi, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to and supporting with the project conceptualization, proposal development, reporting and streamlining internal communication.
S/he will assist in the development of the strategic plans and public information outreach activities of Rwanda Country Office (CO).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the design and development of new concept notes and programmes/projects, in close coordination with relevant units, RO, government authorities, international and regional institutions, and partner organizations.
• Provide support in developing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems and tools, and consolidating the M&E data collected by the projects within IOM and through the One UN and UN Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP), M&E platforms and channels.
• Activate and backstop newly funded projects and review/edit donor reports.
• Contribute and provide technical support to the strategic planning, including the development of Rwanda CO’s Strategic Plan.
• Participate and engage actively in various stakeholders’ and UN working groups, conferences, workshops and provide support to the CoM in representing and promoting the CO as required.
• Streamline communication between the Rwanda CO, RO, Headquarters (HQ) and Administrative Centers by reviewing the content of documents and ensuring proper administrative processes and procedures are followed.
• Coordinate inputs on the information requested by HQ, the RO, other IOM Country Offices and external partners such as donors, UN agencies, implementing partners, etc.
• Identify and organize outreach activities to promote IOM’s image and to increase the awareness of IOM activities in the country.
• Draft, edit and produce public information material including press briefing notes, website content, social media and newsletters.
• In coordination with the CoM and relevant Programme Managers, develop and maintain regular contacts with donor representatives, relevant authorities, UN agencies, non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience with project implementation, administration and government relations;
• Previous working experience with UN organizations, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs), international organizations would be a distinct advantage; and,
• Experience in working in Rwanda and within the One UN system in the country would be a distinct advantage.
• Proven English writing and communication skills, with strong editing skills;
• Ability to analyse and consolidate information succinctly;
• Excellent operational, organizational and communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Ability to work with people from different background and with flexibility, and able to work overtime, when requested; and,
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as well as good knowledge of working with databases and online applications.
• IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
• External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
• English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
• For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge in Kinyarwanda is an advantage.
• Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Notes: Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 September 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
Posting period: From 17.09.2021 to 23.09.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.