Deadline of this Job:
17 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual with proven management of development programmes experience to join our team in Rwanda as Programme Director.
Everything we do as Tearfund, we do it for the Glory of God; we want to see people freed from poverty, living transformed lives and reaching their God-given potential. We believe we are called to follow Jesus where the need is greatest, responding to crises and partnering with local churches to bring restoration to people living in poverty.
• The Tearfund Rwanda Programmes Director therefore, exists to lead the Programmes Team, within the wider Rwandan Country Team.
• She/he is responsible for leading the programmes team towards effective and efficient delivery of Tearfund Rwanda Programme and projects.
• She/he assists the Country Director in the leadership and management of the country team and has oversight over successful design, resourcing, implementation, monitoring and accountability of projects.
The post holder will represent and advocate on behalf of Tearfund and its partners with donors, partner organisations and governmental bodies. The post holds specific line management responsibilities for the Programme Managers and Sector Advisors. The Programme Director is a member of the Senior Management Team.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree or equivalent in development management studies or related subjects
• Relevant senior level field management experience in multi-sector, multi-funded relief and development programmes which includes strategic planning and thinking, project management and capacity development, and budget development and management.
• Excellent people and team management skills
• Proven success in securing institutional funding
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Job Profile of the Programmes Director can be found on www.tearfund.org.
Applicants who have the right to live and work in Rwanda will be considered for this role. A Rwanda contract will be offered on local terms and conditions. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants need to be completing our online application form. The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safe-guarding issues.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.