Projects Officer-Refugee Finance
Jobs at:Umutanguha Finance Company Ltd (UFC)
Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UFC Plc wishes to recruit focused, results-oriented and suitably qualified professional to fill the position of “Project Officer/ Refugee Finance”. The Project Officer will coordinate the implementation of those projects and report to the Marketing and Partnership Manager .
Projects’ administration, resource mobilization and reporting
• Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the projects.
• Writing up all projects’ documentation and submitting progress reports to stakeholders (AFR, UNCDF, MINEMA, UNHCR,…) and UFC senior managers.
• Setting the standards and methodology to be used in the projects.
• Taking responsibility of projects through their entire lifecycle.
• Properly scoping refugee projects.
• Managing projects’ budgets and resources in collaboration with the UFC’s Finance Dep.
• Communicating with stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of refugee projects.
• Ensuring that all relevant processes are followed on projects.
• Write stories in English for all approved refugees’ loan applications for cloud funding
• Mobilize additional resources for the refugee finance projects
• Identifying projects’ risks and mitigating them in collaboration with UFC management.
Support Refugee products marketing and sales activities in the camps and host communities
• Supporting the projects’ Credit and Saving Officers (CSOs), cashiers as well as their related Branch Managers in introducing UFC Twigire Refugee products and services, to a target population
• Technically support branches’ staff and agents involved in Twigire products and service delivery to achieve projects’ objectives.
• Coordinate and technically support trainers involved in Digital and non-digital financial education to achieve projects’ objectives.
• Alerting the sales team to opportunities for further sales within key clients.
• Ensure the establishment and maintenance of the strong rapport with refugees, their host communities and the camps’ administration
• Achieve all projects’ targets within the allocated time
• Foster uptake and usage of all electronic banking products by refugees and their host
• Coordinate in-depth trainings or awareness campaigns to existing and potential clients explaining all Twigire refugee products and services.
• Conducting business reviews to ensure refugees are satisfied with their products and services and handle their complaints.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in management, finance or business administration or social sciences
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position, ideally within the area of Microfinance-related projects management
• Excellent skills in English, with working knowledge in French
• Very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office); good knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint is absolutely necessary.
• Other knowledge, additional competences • Finely tuned organizational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative, in projects’ management
• Able to work under little supervision but at the same time being a real team player • Good conceptual, writing and analytic skills
• Knowledge of Rwanda and the refugee camps in Rwanda is an advantage
• Driving license B category.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 2nd March 2020 at 5:00 PM, by e-mail to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.