Rehabilitation Technical Advisor
Jobs at:Federation Handicap International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rehabilitation Technical Advisor reports to the Project Manager and will provide technical leadership in the development of physical and functional rehabilitation, including assistive technology, and health system approaches.
This position is contingent upon signature of sub-recipient agreement between HI and CRS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
• To technically support the Rwanda Biomedical Center / Non Communicable Disease (NCD) Control Division with a particular focus on the functional rehabilitation sector strategic plan Work at the district and national level to support policy, planning, budgeting, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of rehab/AT services
• To improve national-level coordination between social cluster ministries responsible for promoting rehabilitation and assistive technology
• To strengthen the quality of rehabilitation and assistive technology services within the health system
• Support the integration of occupational therapy and other new relevant rehabilitation professions in rehabilitation and health services and their recognition at the national level
• Master’s degree or higher in a physical rehabilitation and/or associated field (physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and other Rehab studies, …)
• At least, two years of relevant experience in managing diversity in rehabilitation systems and services.
• Technical capacity, experience, and skills to develop quality sustainable physical rehabilitation services and community-based approach
• Experience in working with public and private rehabilitation institutions and technical services
• Diversified practices in the field of functional rehabilitation in Rwanda.
• Experience in the coordination and knowledge of functional rehabilitation local actors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required, French, desired
• Strong technical skills around policy development and quality control for training curricula/tool development/revision and support for the physical rehabilitation national platform is required
• In-depth knowledge of the health and rehabilitation system in Rwanda (actors, policies, management, technical tools...)
• Knowledge of policies related to disability and access to inclusive services in Rwanda (health, education, employment, etc.)
• Strong capacity in training, coaching and supportive supervision, and knowledge transfer
• Strong capacity in bringing a quick change and transformation;
• Strong capacity in a spontaneous and expressive writing with adequate linguistic skills in English (structured level).
• Knowledge in disability inclusion issues
• Community-Based Rehabilitation approaches and practices, disability inclusion
• Capacity to deliver interactive training for adult professionals
• Good skills in developing and delivering advocacy messages
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.