Request For Expressions Of Interest(Consulting Services)
1. Program: Rwanda Sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation Program
2. Program component: Consultancy services for the supervision of Works for the Construction of Kigali Centralized Sewerage system (KCSS)
3. Sector: Water and Sanitation
4. Employer: Water and Sanitation Corporation Limited (WASAC Ltd)
5. Finance agreement reference: 2000200001851
6. Project ID NO: P-RW-E00-011
7. Context: Through the Government of the Republic of Rwanda Water and Sanitation
Corporation (WASAC) has received funds from the African Development Bank (AfDB), to finance the Rwanda Sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation Program (RSWSSP) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under the contract for the consultancy services for the Supervision of Works for the Construction of Kigali Centralized Sewerage system (KCSS).
The assignment: The key objective of the services included under this project is to supervise the works for the Construction of Kigali Centralized Sewerage system (KCSS in order to:
• Improve collective sanitation services through consumer connections to a sewer networked in the city
• Protect the environment of Kigali water catchments and the Nyabarongo River, which
is discharging to the Akagera River and further to Lake Victoria, through wastewater
treatment and to improve water and sanitation services within the city of Kigali.
• Improve the hygiene and public health situation.
• Reduce deterioration of the quality of groundwater resources by pollutants from
septic tanks,soak ways and latrines, and
• Support the economic development of the City of Kigali In line with the implementation of Kigali Centralized sewerage project with the component of sewer networks, wastewater treatment plant and pumping stations, the consultant will.
1) undertake the supervision and control works during the design and construction of Kigali centralized sewerage project:
2) build capacity of WASAC staff on operation and maintenance of sewerage system.
3) undertake a detailed Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) to determine the extent of land acquisition impacts associated with the construction of the Centralized Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) and all components, property valuation, and 4) assist WASAC with RAP implementation.
9. The project will be implemented by the Water and Sanitation Corporation (WASAC) Ltd as
the executing agency. The assignment will be implemented over thirty two (32) months including RAP preparation and implementation, supervision of the design & and construction of the KCSS and 1 month for final reporting, A Project Management Unit will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of project implementation
10. The Water and Sanitation Corporation (WASAC) Ltd now invites eligible consultants to
indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide Information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification
11. Eligibility criteria establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in
accordance with the African Development Bank's "Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank's website at http//www.afdb.org A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method. Please note that interest expressed by a consulting firm does not imply any obligation on the part of the Water and Sanitation Corporation to include it on the shortlist.
12. Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the following address during office
hours (5-15 GMT) or by e-mail: Attn: Procurement Management Services Office:
Procurement Services Manager PO Box 2331 KN4 Av 8. HQ, CENTENARY HOUSE. Nyarugenge District Kigali City, Rwanda Tel: +250) 788 181427 E-mail: email@example.com
13. Written Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a sealed envelope clearly marked
"Consultancy services for the supervision of Works for the Construction of Kigali Centralized Sewerage system (KCSS) or could be submitted by e-mail to the address above by no later than 21*/01/2022 at 1:00 PM (GMT) (03:00p.m. local time).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.