Risk Officer (RO)
Jobs at:ASA Microfinance (Rwanda) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ASA Microfinance (Rwanda) Plc. is a subsidiary of ASA International which is a Public Limited Company, had been establishing Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in different countries of Asia and Africa by playing role in poverty alleviation and women empowering and has extensive microfinance programs globally .
• Prepare risk report on a monthly basis covering risks related to the area of finance, operation, strategy, and compliance by analyzing operation report, internal audit report, Fraud Management Prevention Unit (FMPU) report and observations collected from field visits;
• Prepare Key Performance Indicators (KPI) report, risk heat map, risk appetite, and risk control matrix on a quarterly basis and provide insight regarding movement in risk factors related to portfolio, liquidity, exchange rate, cost reduction, growth, human resource, fraud, technology, product transparency, change in regulations and policies;
• Prepare reports and presentations for the board meeting on a quarterly or semi-annual basis, depending on the frequency of board meetings of the local board;
• Update Risk Management Framework and other policies of ASA International (ASAI) as and when required;
• Responding to the queries of different international lenders and stakeholders relating to risk management;
• Assess all related risks by conducting financial researches;
• Detect on time any risk that may threaten ASARW Plc business or commercial financial position;
• Calculate all risks related to business and transaction proposals;
• Employ computer programs related to statistical analysis for proper risk assessment and analysis;
• Formulate contingency plans for the organization and making helpful recommendations to the ASARW Plc on risk coverage;
• Provide professional assistance to the financial and economic team of the organization;
• A monthly basis report to be sent to the Managing Director, and to Holding Office (Dhaka) according to the standard format.
• Complete verification of at least 50% groups of each LO if there is any sign of misappropriation or fraud;
• Visit some default borrowers’ residence, guarantor and business workplaces;
• He/she is equally expected to develop strategies that will help the organization to minimize risk as well as maximize rewards;
• Any other job assigned by the company/holding management in considering the greater interest of the company.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Procurement, Business Accounting, Finance, and related field.
• Four (4) years of working experience in consultancy or auditing services, banking industry and other relevant industries;
• Possess good and highly productive team interaction;
• Ability to manage clients and staff towards achieving set business goals;
• Possess excellent understanding of banking and financial regulations;
• Possess good skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office packages;
• Possess excellent project and programming skills, like MATLAB, Programming, etc.
• Strong verbal and written interactive and presentation skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment;
• Knowing Financial Risk Issues and Mitigations;
• Quick learning and adaptability capacity;
• Exceptional strategist for the company excellence and profit maximization;
• Be Rwandan by Nationality.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed to the Managing Director of ASA MICROFINANCE (RWANDA) PLC located in KIGALI City, GASABO District, Plot No. - 95, NTORA Village, KG 784 St. RUHANGO Cell, Gisozi Sector, Kigali, Rwanda with Cover Letter; Detailed CV; Copy of Certificate, Diploma or Degree; Work certificates from previous employers; Any other document that may prove a candidate’s competency to the post; Copy of ID Card Only hard copy applications are accepted and submitted at the Head Office Reception not later Friday, 14th February 2020 at 5:30 PM. Only, shortlisted candidates to sit for written and verbal tests will be communicated within one week after.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.