Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The Senior Accountant's Responsibilities
include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned
To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding Senior Accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
• Coordinating accounting functions and programs
• Preparing financial analyses and reports
• Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure
• Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets
• Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts
• Assisting with annual audit preparations
• Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
• Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns
• Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
• Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required, CPA/ACCA
• 3+ years of accounting experience
• Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational and stress management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
• Ability to train and manage staff
• Ability to work with little to no supervision
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: email@example.com , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.