Senior Director Shared Services
Jobs at:World Vision International
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose Of Position:
• The Senior Director, Shared Services (SD SSC) works with the Chief Administrative & Finance Officer (CAFO) to transform and execute business processes in World Vision's Shared Services Centers. This Senior Director will oversee the operations and teams of the various WV Shared Services Centers.
• He/she will develop a global team, providing leadership and direction to this team, which will lead World Vision International on a global basis in finance and procurement process transformation.
• The SD SSC is responsible for creating an environment in which problem identification and solutioning occur in an innovative and collaborative fashion.
• He/she is focused on deliverables and the customer, ensuring effective and efficient progress is made toward targets and goals, being financial and solution oriented.
• He/she will provide leadership for the business transformation from influencing during the discussion phase, to development, implementation and overseeing a team to conduct the related training. This will be in the areas of business process transformation improvement, standardization and simplification of processes towards the development of best in class end-to-end business processes. Key levers are standardization, consolidation, automation, and process improvements to drive strengthened internal controls, customer service, cost and productivity improvement.
• To accomplish all this, the SD SSC must develop a team with strength in both verbal and written communication, ability to work successfully in a virtual environment, and with the ability to build/develop relationships in a global multi-cultural environment.
• The SD SSC will lead the identification, development and execution of process improvement program initiatives supporting the global strategic objectives of the SSC organization.
• He/she will hold direct accountability for leading the establishment and achievement of industry and best-in-class benchmark performance metrics (KPIs) in conjunction with functional leaders across regions. The SD SSC will influence peers and Executives across organizational lines to take action on strategic initiatives or process changes both before implementation of the SSC in their region and in the midst of the SSC project for their region.
• Candidate needs to be willing to travel on a global basis up to 50% of the time.
• The SD SSC will model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships; communicating World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrating a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others. .
• 20%- Lead the identification of and direct the development of business process improvement opportunities and innovative, cost-effective solutions for the global shared services implementation programme across the partnership.
• Positively influence and partner with the support offices (SOs), field Offices (FOs), and business units (BUs) to effect change, share best practices, leverage processes and automation, training, and employee development for the SSC projects.
• 30%-Direct the Shared Service Business Process Execution and work transition.
• Recommend and guide appropriate leadership across the WV Partnership to ensure the successful transition of the various associated functions to shared service centers in order to effectively standardize best practices, reduce duplication, increase efficiencies, limit risks and ensure significant cost savings for the partnership.
• Ensure focus is maintained on the needs of the customer (SO, FO, etc).
• 30%- Provide leadership oversight to the entirety of the global shared services team including the Americas SSC, South Asia Pacific and Africa region. This will include leading the hiring, development, performance management, capacity building and operational oversight of the SSC team.
• Drive the SSC to achieve financial sustainability consistent with lowering the overall cost of business processes for the Partnership.
• 10%- Provide SSC Transformation Program Oversight
• 10%- Prepare annual and long range strategic financial plans/budgets for the transformation projects and monitoring progress to ensure performance and budgets are on target.
• Influence and lead impacted World Vision business units and functions in developing their own shared services transition roadmaps and strategic plans.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance or related field.
• MBA or finance related certification preferred (CPA, CMA), 10+ years of practical finance and/or accounting experience, with at least 8-10 years of consulting experience preferred.
• Minimum of 8 - 10 years of leadership experience in the project management and finance transformation functions or in a similar environment.
• Extensive experience working with virtual and/or matrix teams.
• Extensive experience working with cross-cultural teams.
• ERP general accounting or related experience preferred.
• PMP a plus
• CPA, CMA a plus
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in interfacing with business operational customers and transformation vendors in defining transformation and change requirements.
• Knowledge of GAAP a plus and experience working with IFRS nice to have.
• Maturity, business acumen, and skills necessary to interact with the CAFO and other Partnership Leaders and Directors, to ensure the provision of a timely and accurate project information.
• Experience contributing as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), helping to lead change and future developments as required to lead towards overall best-in-class performance.
• Change leader with the capacity and desire to lead in an ever changing environment.
• Proven track record with continuous improvement process.
• Ability to lead/manage the SSC Team and deliver process enhancements in large multi-national organizations.
• Excellent relational skills building relationships, resulting in strong relationships with internal customers/stakeholders who view them as a trusted partner.
• Strength to translate technical information into common language so that non-technical individuals can readily understand the information.
• Excellent understanding of project management and finance transformation processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of industry business operational and financial concepts.
• Experience having led and/or executed finance transition projects from sending to receiving team.
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.