Senior Finance Associate
Jobs at:EarthEnable Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
12 July 2020
Date Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB POSTING: SENIOR FINANCE ASSOCIATE
Company: EarthEnable Rwanda
Reports to: Rwanda Finance Manager
Location: Kigali, Rwanda – with some time in rural villages
Compensation: RWF 700-1.5M (Gross), depending on experience and with significant performance
Contract Type: Open-ended
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas could come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers most treasure: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda. 75% of Rwandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 70% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are already prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains and hires local masons to install the floors which are sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished. In our first 4 years of operations, EarthEnable has installed over 60,000 square meters of flooring and employed over 100 Rwandese staff (and generated jobs and income for an additional 100 masons).
About the Role
This job is suitable for someone who is looking to gain exposure to all aspects of the financial and administrative side of running a business. The candidate must be a strong communicator as they will be liaising just as regularly with senior management as they will with our staff on the ground. This candidate should have an eye for detail as they will be responsible for the information that management ultimately uses to make strategic decisions. The role requires that the candidate is already comfortable using a computer and has good Microsoft Excel skills, and they must be willing to learn as they will need to quickly adapt to using our bespoke systems. Some of the tasks you will be asked to perform are: .
The responsibilities of this role will include, but not be limited to:
The specific tasks for this role include:
• Preparation of payroll for both full and part-time employees
• Calculating and paying taxes: RSSB, PAYE, VAT, Withholding Tax, etc
• Performing monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations
• Supervising the District Finance Officers and working closely with Head Office Finance Officer to ensure timely update and reconciliation of district financial records
• Completing periodic performance evaluations for District Finance Officers
• Ensuring stock movements are accurately recorded, stock counts performed at all locations each month and perform inventory reconciliations
• Performing month-end closing reconciliations including revenue, receivables and payables reconciliations
• Supporting Head Office Finance Officer and Financial Controller in managing treasury
• Performing other tasks as assigned by the Financial Controller.
• High attention to detail and analytical capability
• Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Highly competent with MS Excel
• Experience with QuickBooks will be an advantage
• Strong written and verbal communication (both English and Kinyarwanda required)
• Outstanding work ethic
• Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
• Part CPA/ACCA or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.