Senior Project Assistant IBM
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
03 May 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title:Senior Project Assistant IBM
Organization Unit : Programme Department
Duty Station:IOM Kigali, Rwanda
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6 (UN salary Scale for GS staff)
Type of Appointment: One-year fixed term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date :May 03, 2021
Reference Code: VN2021/13 - RW
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the supervision of Senior IBM Regional Programme Manager, the selected candidate will provide support on the implementation of the API/PNR project, as well as on the overall IBM portfolio of IOM Rwanda. .
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Organize high-level project steering committee meetings and other project related meetings, draft agendas and invitations, ensure the distribution of relevant document to key stakeholders.
• Be responsible for minutes and other related records, follow up matters arising, recommendations and required actions and coordinate with relevant stakeholders and partners as needed.
• Coordinate the preparation of reports, correspondence, briefing notes and other documents; ensure format or style is in accordance with standard practices; draft briefing materials for the project;
• Be in charge of organization of appointments and duty travels, maintain project calendar up to date;
• Coordinate the logistics linked to the implementation of capacity building activities, including training preparation, printing of training materials and liaison with the procurement and finance units.
• Follow internal procedures and update tracking systems for correspondence and documents as needed; provide inputs for the development of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and concept papers and provide technical support in the development of new projects.
• Draft reports and monitoring achievements of indicators;
• Coordinate and ensure liaison with other IOM staff members on administration, financial, logistics and operational matters in support of programme activities.
• Liaise with governmental stakeholders and partners in the framework of the IBM portfolio of the IOM Rwanda mission.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• High School Diploma/certificate with six(6) years of relevant professional experience; or
• Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. International Relations, Development, Law, Political or Social Sciences, or a related field from an accredited academic institution of relevant professional experience with three (3) years of relevant experience
• Experience with governmental, inter-governmental organisations or Non-Governmental organisations, especially in the field of migration.
• Sound experience in liaising with governmental counterparts in Rwanda.
• Must have a demonstrated history of attention to detail.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluency English and Kinyarwanda is required, French and Swahili is an added advantage.
• Teamwork: Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
• Delivering results: Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
• Accountability: Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated..
• Communication: Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to fill the attached form below and submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 03 May 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.