Senior Tax Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
6th March 2019
Date Posted: 18th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RwF
TERM: Full time, 1-year commitment, Renewable
LOCATION: Kimihurura, Kigali.
REPORTS TO: Senior Tax Accountant
Inkomoko is a full-service business development firm, which provides consulting, training, technology tools, and loans so that entrepreneurs can grow their businesses and create jobs for others. We work with both small & medium enterprises, as well as refugee entrepreneurs who are developing microbusinesses. Inkomoko is the Rwandan affiliate of African Entrepreneur Collective, a network of business accelerators and loan funds that help entrepreneurs in Africa create jobs for those in their communities.
Inkomoko seeks a highly talented and experienced tax accountant to work with us. The Senior tax accountant will have responsibilities as follows:
Taxes Advisory (60%)
• Advises the company on relevant tax matters
• Review suppliers and customers contracts to ensure taxes are appropriately captured Ensure timely preparation and declaration of taxes
• Ensure timely payment of taxes
• Handle tax audits on a monthly and quarterly basis, as and when they occur
• Follow up with RRA for any tax claims
• Conduct tax planning for the entire organization
• Perform tax health checks to ensure taxes are appropriately declared and paid
• Attend tax seminars and training as approved by Management
• Update finance department and management on the new tax laws and implications
• Use Inkomoko curriculum to provide tax training to Inkomoko Clients
• Post transactions in the accounting software
• Review accounting transactions on monthly basis for accuracy and completeness and for proper recognition of taxes
• Performs tax account reconciliations and provides resolutions
Job application procedure
In your cover letter please include the following:
• Explain two challenges that entrepreneurs face regarding taxation in Rwanda
• How would you assist entrepreneurs in addressing these challenges
• Your net salary expectations for this position.
Deadline of application: Position open until filled
Please Click Here to Apply:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.