Social and Environmental Specialist
Jobs at:Rwanda Information Society Autority (RISA)
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2020
Date Posted: Friday, December 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR EXPERTS FOR THE SINGLE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (SPIU) FOR THE RWANDA DIGITAL ACCELERATION PROJECT
Rwanda has distinguished itself as a country that is deeply committed to leveraging digital transformation as a means to accelerate growth and reduce poverty. Government is committed to using digitally enabled solutions, wherever possible, to leapfrog traditional approaches and support innovation in service delivery. Beginning as early as 2000, Rwanda began charting an ambitious course for achieving rapid digitization, through a series of five-year plans – culminating in the SMART Rwanda Master Plan. These policies have resulted in the progressive roll-out of digital infrastructure, impressive public e-services expansion (though from a very low base), as well as initiatives to support digital skills and to position Rwanda as a regional ICT hub, underpinned by government institutions and leadership committed to this agenda. Today, Rwanda continues to articulate ambitious strategies in relation to many of these areas. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical guidance on environmental and social development issues, consistent with the REMA guidance;
• Support SPIU and WB teams in identifying social and environmental risks related to the project;
• Recommend design and operational approaches and modifications to avoid,
mitigate, limit or remedy negative impacts where related risks are identified;
• Act as a focal point for all matters relating to project ESF-related obligations, working with project stakeholders, and enforce the compliance with the Environmental, Social, Health and Safety WB policies, ensuring that the project meets the related requirement as per legal agreements;
• Provide guidance and technical direction to the SPIU, Government, and third-party contractors’ staff on environmental and social issues;
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Social Studies, Sociology, Development studies, with at least 4 years of relevant work experience; or master’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Social Studies, Sociology, Development studies, with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
• Degree in Environmental Sciences and background in managing environmental risks preferred.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested experts should apply online ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and upload application documents including an Application letter, Curriculum Vitae, Identification card, copies of degree certificates, and professional certificates.
Only online applications shall be considered, and the folder containing application documents MUST be saved under the name of the job position applied for.
For any inquiries/clarification use the above email.
Address all applications to the Chief Financial Officer of the Rwanda Information Society Authority.
Deadline for application: Friday, December 11th, 2020.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.