(TOR) for Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
Jobs at:Willows International (WI)
Deadline of this Job:
20 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Terms of reference (TOR) for Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
Since its establishment in 1997, Willows International (WI) has developed and perfected a client management system that improves performance of primary health care providers, particularly, the community level health care providers, and results in women receiving customized, timely information, services, and referrals for health care. Willows International has focused on applying its client management system for the betterment of women’s reproductive choices and services. Through its programs during the past two decades Willows empowered nearly two million women and their partners to develop informed opinion, attitudes, motivations, and utilize existing family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services that meets their individual sexual and reproductive health (SRH) needs, situations, and preferences. Our mission is to help women realize their reproductive health goals.
In Rwanda, WI has partnered with Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) / Ministry of Health (MoH) to launch a project to support the optimization of the government community health workers’ program for enhanced sexual reproductive health outcomes. WI support to RBC/MoH aims to strengthen existing systems for client management and follow-up and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of CHWs and FP/RH service providers in two selected districts.
The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Country Director and as requested to the Willows International’s HQ senior management. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating all administrative and financial matters of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake required processes to obtain mandatory certificates required for proper financial management practices in Rwanda.
• Follow all Willows International’s rules and regulations concerning accounting and finance management.
• Manage and verify regularity of expenses and properly record transactions, with proper chart of accounts that match the format of WI budget, assigning all necessary cost centers for effective costs tracking.
• Monitor budget performance, including assurance of compliance with the approved budget. Provide written justification in cases of discrepancies between the approved budget items and the expenditures.
• Prepare budget performance reports and submit these reports to the Country Director monthly to be included in the CD’s Monthly Financial Report submitted to the Willows headquarters.
• Inform the CD for funds transfer needs from the HQ. Prepare funds transfer requests and subsequently follow up with the Willows Bank in Rwanda and inform the HQ of the receipt of the transferred funds.
• Review and execute all payments of expenses after getting written approval from the Country Director.
• Oversee accurate preparation of Financial Statements, Cashbooks, list of expenses, bank accounts reconciliations, etc. In accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and per Willows International requirements and applicable tools.
• Use QuickBooks for accounting.
• Use accrual system of accounting.
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of non-expendable items.
• Support institutionalization of fixed assets registers, monthly bank reconciliations, petty cash flow, and its reconciliations.
• Prepare Payroll and all statutory returns/payments for relevant institutions like Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA) and Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB)and initiate their payments accordingly.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors and be responsible for organizing and providing all required support to External Auditors during auditing including preparing draft accounts ready for auditing.
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial and administrative data.
• Support in maintaining a good relationship with corporate partners like banks, RRA, RSSB, and other government institutions.
• Responsible on daily posting of accounts transactions using QuickBooks and must match with the bank balances on the WIR banking online system.
• Support facilitation of Vendor relationships with partners for various WIR accounts, including but not limited to communications, security, mobile payments, etc.
• Support, supervise and ensure timeliness and accuracy of staff payroll and arrangement of staff monthly salaries.
• Support the execution of all financial-related policies and procedures to ensure conformity with the Rwandan Laws and Willows International financial rules and regulations.
• Carry out any other responsibilities that the WIR Country Director may assign related to financial management.
Administration and Management:
• Support the institutionalization of appropriate internal controls and systems.
• Assist in maintaining a continuous assessment of risks, document as well as packaging and implementing the mitigation measures.
• Support the office to ensure full compliance to the Rwandan laws and constitution throughout WIR operations.
• Support efforts of WIR to ensure full registration as required by the Rwandan laws and regulations.
• Maintain personnel records; ensure security of Willows properties, Custodians of all properties, Tax exemptions follow-up.
• Support and responsible with maintaining effective correspondences and relationships with RRA, Immigrations, Banks, Suppliers, Rwanda Labor Office, and other relevant authorities.
• Support coordination of local and oversee visitors including securing working permits and entry visas as needed.
• Support the execution of all human resources related policies and procedures to ensure conformity with the Rwandan Laws.
• Carry out any other responsibilities that the WIR Country Director may assign related to administration and management.
Online Activities and ICT related Support:
• Maintain personnel records, and ensure security of Willows properties, and Custodians of all properties.
• Support strengthening of internal controls; initiate all payments through online banking and liaising with banks for any troubleshooting.
• Support engagement and management of the ICT Providers including digital service providers such as those for Bulk Mobile Payment, Bulk SMS, and Internet Providers. This includes assisting in contracting and initiation of payments accordingly.
• Responsible on maintenance of QuickBooks Accounting System and liaise with Providers when necessary.
• Executing daily backup of data in a designated computer and external hard drive for safety of any risks.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following among other essential qualities:
• Strong understanding on the most current financial and administrative practices and standards.
• Demonstrated experience in result-based planning, budgeting, and proper budget management.
• Knowledgeable on basic ICT skills and experienced in implementing most current accounting packages and systems such as QuickBooks.
• Demonstrated high level of integrity, ethics (ethical conduct), and respect within the team, which include dedication, commitment, effort, loyalty to the institution.
• Demonstrated strong professional experience in Accounting or Finance plus Project Management skills.
• Proven leadership skills including facilitation, team building and coordination, and good time management skills.
• Demonstrated results-oriented, self-initiative, problem-solving ability, and critical thinking skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, organization skills, and ability to multitask.
• Good experience on high-impact program/project designing, planning, and program evaluation.
• Demonstrated high ability to work independently and produce high-quality outputs/results in a timely manner while anticipating the evolving or emerging program/project needs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities coupled with sound judgment, systems thinking, and strategic reflections.
• Ability to build strong teams and upholding clear, effective, and proactive communication within the teams
• Ability to foster creativity, innovation among the team, and having adaptability skills for any new skills, requirements, and even challenges.
• Commendable personal skills such as communication with fluency in English, conceptual thinking, problem-solving, team involvement, organizational and planning, as well as coping with pressure.
• Excellent analytical, good writing skills on Financial reports and any required narrative reports
• Good experience in engaging and working with diverse layers of stakeholders at the national or international level.
• Demonstrated experience on resource mobilization to support new projects.
• Demonstrated solid experience in preparing Financial Reports and be able to liaise and work with the External auditors during auditing.
• Demonstrated ability to pay attention to both narrative and mathematical details in all undertakings and be able to provide accurate data as needed.
• Ability to plan and organize activities including external auditing and provide evaluation reports.
• Strong interest and passion for improving women’s access to reproductive health and family planning education, information, and quality services.
• Possess University level education (preferably master’s degree) in relevant field.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.