WAE Administrative Assistant
Jobs at:American Embassy Kigali Mission Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: American Embassy Kigali Mission Rwanda
State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Kigali is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for position of WAE Administrative Management Assistant.The work schedule for this position is When Actually Employed (WAE).
• The WAE Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Management Officer and provides general administrative and clerical assistance to the management Section as well as administrative and clerical support to different Embassy sections as needed, to include filling in during temporary absences/periods of short staffing and helping with short term administrative projects as needed. This position requires a Public Trust.
Qualifications and Evaluations
• EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one-year administrative experience in an office environment is required.
• Education Requirements:
• A High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• LANGUAGE: English level IV (Fluency) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. This may be tested.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
• All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
• Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Rwanda may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th August, 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.