Workshop Assistant in carpentry
Jobs at:IPRC GISHARI
Deadline of this Job:
03rd July 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IPRC GISHARI .
• Preparing a range of materials for training purposes in the workshop,
• Preparing, setting up and checking machinery, equipment and apparatus for teaching purposes,
• Issuing equipment, tools, components and materials to teaching staff and pupils and maintaining appropriate records
• Regular servicing and maintenance of workshop furniture, machinery, tools, components and accessories in accordance with manufacturers' schedules. Keeping appropriate records. Arranging for maintenance and repair if necessary
• Providing technical advice and assistance to teaching staff and trainees in the workshop
• Designing and making simple models, teaching aids and tools
• Maintaining appropriate stock levels within the workshop, carrying out stock checks and reporting any shortages to the Management.
• Assisting with re ordering if required.
• Locking up of classrooms and stores when not in use
• May be required to oversee pupils in a work area in case of an emergency for safety reasons
• May be required to be aware of recent technical and related educational developments and participate in the development of the Department’s technical facilities
• May be required to advise on suitable equipment and suppliers and recommend specifications where appropriate
• Maintaining workshops, machinery, tools and equipment, storage rooms in a safe manner in accordance with institution’s policy
• May be required to ensure that standardized risk assessments are available and that all staff are aware of their location
• May be required, when trained, to provide first aid treatment of minor workshop injuries and maintain first aid equipment in workshop areas.
• Provide technical support to the Workshop Supervisor and all Workshop Technicians.
• Assist in the preparation of the institutional annual equipment budget.
• Pro actively make recommendations to the Workshop Supervisor for
• Improving the quality and cost of both product and process.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced Diploma in Construction Technology with A2 in Carpentry or ( A2) Certificate in Carpentry.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.