Director of Administration & Finance Unit
Jobs at:Rwanda Public Procurement Authority (RPPA)
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Cooperatives Agency (RCA)
1.Coordinate the development, execution and monitoring of Rwanda Cooperatives Agency budgets
• Participate in the development of key priorities/Action Plan of RCA;
• Coordinate the budget preparation process;
• Participate in budget negotiation with MINECOFIN, Parliament and development partners;
• Coordinate the Preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly cash plans in collaboration with other units;
• Monitor RCA budget execution;
• Verify and sign all payments;
• Supervise justification of funds used in different operations;
• Ensure timely preparation of required financial reports;
• Coordinate budget revision process.
2.Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process.
• Supervise the implementation of the policies and procedures of recruitment of staff;
• Supervise and assess the process of recruitment from advertisement to selection of successful candidates.
3.Coordinate performance management of RCA staff
• Coordinate the preparation and signing of the performance contracts;
• Supervise the implementation of the employees’ performance contracts and their appraisals.
4.Coordinate staff payments and compensation.
• Supervise the preparation of the salary budget and other benefits;
• Coordinate the preparation of the salary payroll lists, fringe benefits and other bonuses.
5.Coordinate and Assist all ICT activities
• Ensure accuracy, quality and integrity of data
• Establish electronic data bank/warehouses at RCA
• Coordinate the management of database on the cooperatives by insuring the data entry and database security
• Day to day coordination of maintenance and operations of RCA website and ensure that all web pages comply with appropriate policies, guidelines and standards
• Coordinate the installation,updating,maintenance,monitoring,control of servers /computers and their operating system,
• Direct cabling, configuring and installing computer hardware, computers and computer networks and software for network and stand-alone applications
• Connection of users on the Local Area Network (LAN) for information sharing, use of intranet and printers sharing.
6.Supervise and coordinate the management of office material and assets
• Advise on the approval of office equipment to be procured;
• Approve material requests from staff;
• Supervise the preparation of periodic inventory of RCA assets;
• Supervise regular update RCA assets register;
• Coordinate auctions of RCA assets.
7.Coordinate and monitor activities of the Administration and Finance unit
• Organize unit regular meetings;
• Monitor the implementation of the unit employees’ performance contracts and their appraisals;
• Prepare and submit the mid-term and annual performance evaluation report of unit staff;
• Supervise proper orientation and induction of new unit staff;
• Ensure proper contract management for operational services;
• Ensure preparation and submission of activity plans and periodic report;
• Coordinate external and internal audit of the RCA.
8.Supervise and coordinate activities of central secretariat
• Supervise the reception, record and distribute all incoming and outgoing mails;
• Supervise the establishment and maintenance of the general filing system and file all correspondences.
Degree in other field with API/PFM Certificate
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with CPA/CPFA/CPFM intermediate level /ACCA Foundation Level (Completion of ACCA Applied Skills papers)
Master’s Degree in Finance with CPA/CPFA/CPFM intermediate level /ACCA Foundation Level (Completion of ACCA Applied Skills papers)
Master’s Degree in Accounting with CPA/CPFA/CPFM intermediate level /ACCA Foundation Level (Completion of ACCA Applied Skills papers)
Post Graduate Degree in PFM
Bachelor's Degree Finance with CPA/CPFA/CPFM intermediate level /ACCA Foundation Level (Completion of ACCA Applied Skills papers)
Competency and Key Technical Skills
• Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
• Client/citizen focus
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Resource management skills
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Networking skills
• Leadership skills
• Mentoring and coaching skills
• Time management skills
• Risk management skills
• Performance management skills
• Results oriented
• Digital literacy skills
• Fluency in Kinyaranda English and or French knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and auditing standards (Such as IPSAS, IFRS; ISSAs)
• Proficiency in financial management systems
• Proficiency in Financial Management systems and in-depth knowledge of the Rwanda’s public finance management
• Knowledge of standards and frameworks applied in Public Sector such as International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS); IFRSs; Government Finance Statistics (GFS); Internal Audit framework and International Standards for Supreme Audit Institutions (ISAAIs)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.