2 Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists
Jobs at:Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
Deadline of this Job:
06 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The World Bank (WB) and OPC have signed the Financing Agreement with the Republic of Rwanda to implement the "Energy Access and Quality Improvement Project (EAQIP). In the above context. Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) a subsidiary of Rwanda Energy Group (REG) as the key implementer of the Project Agreement linked to the above Financing Agreement, seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff on the above position
• Set up M&E systems for the design, planning management and monitoring of projects / programmes within identified priority areas and assists RUEAP/EDCL in the implementation of these systems.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of performance monitoring and evaluation strategies.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
• Define and implement the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects.
• Formulation of M&E recommendations for improving implementation performance and the design of programmes and projects.
• Review of the implementation of M&E systems within RUEAP/EDCL.
• Collect compile and analyse data from reports submitted by projects managers and prepare consolidated progress reports
• Review M&E findings and best practices and disseminate information to stakeholders to facilitate evidence-based planning learning and informed decision-making
• Design capacity building initiatives, such as workshops and training programmes for RUEAP/EDCL to facilitate a culture of results-based management
• Undertakes research on best practices and trends in M&E to keep up to date of modern best practices and makes recommendations for their inclusion in current and future projects, programmes and policies
• Ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Review and analyse weekly reports from project managers to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting,
• Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture project/program progress
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
• Support and participate in program and project evaluations
• Coordinate the preparation of Annual Work Plans and budgets and ensuring alignment with program strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of M&E activities in the work plan.
• Prepare detailed M&E budget
• Perform related work as may be required.
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Project Management, Public Administration, Planning M&E and/or any other relevant qualification with at least three (3) years of experience in M&E role preferably in Projects.
• A Master's Degree in any of the above field or any other relevant qualification with at least three (2) years of experience in M&E role preferably in Projects.
• Ability to develop the overall framework for project monitoring and evaluation
• Ability to collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
• Ability to compile and analyse data and prepare comprehensive reports
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally.
• Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
• Team working skills
• Decision making skills
• Problem solving and analysis
• Leadership skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 06/10/2021 latest 5:00 P.M.
1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job application letter to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant's CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
2. Your job application and its attachments MUST be scanned as ONE single pdf document for easy download & analysis of applications
3. ONLY online applications will be received on the above mentioned email. No hardcopy applications will be received.
4. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.