AFIRR - Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Jobs at:The Development Bank of Rwanda(BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Client Name: The Development Bank of Rwanda(BRD)
Industry: Financial Services
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial reorganization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to design, coordinate and implement the monitoring and evaluation of the project in line with the results framework, conduct research and learning framework of the Development Bank of Rwanda. The success in this Monitoring & Evaluation role requires experienced personnel with track record of monitoring and evaluating donor funded projects, coupled with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while exercising sound monitoring and evaluation of the project critical success indicators. The incumbent needs to have passion for strong work ethic, demonstrate integrity and excellent working relationship with all the project stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Develop the overall framework for the bank M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
• Review the quality of existing data in the banks focus sectors, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop baseline data for each sector component and for all sector indicators, Guide and coordinate the review of program log frames including: providing technical advice for the revision of performance indicators - ensuring that realistic intermediate and end-of-projects targets are defined - conducting a baseline study on monitoring and evaluation for the entire BRD SPIU funded projects and BRD own funded projects - identifying sources of data, collection methods and resources needed and related cost.
• Follow up on the project implementation progress from sub-borrowers and Participating Financial Institutions for the Access to Finance for resilience and recovery projects and other projects implemented under BRD’s SPIU to inform the management and project stakeholders on how the project intended impact is being achieved.
• Develop a plan for sector-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
• Provide guidance and technical support on the work of the Monitoring and Evaluation for the AFIRR project and other SPIU projects.
• Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners and department on M&E as required.
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings.
• Promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts of projects;
• Analyze the reports on project implementation and evaluate results of projects in line with the project result framework.
• Ensure availability of relevant data for planning and evaluate the impact of the implementation of interventions by the AFIRR and other BRD projects;
• Furnish monitoring data to inform discussions in the AFIRR project steering committee and technical meetings, in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future actions;
• Undertake regular visits to field to support implementation of monitoring and evaluation, check the quality of data produced, and to identify where adaptations might be needed; monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations with the project implementation unit and other relevant departments of the BRD.
• Develop, review and update M&E strategies, guidelines/manuals, frameworks, plans and tools to support project implementation, M&E and Reporting on project interventions.
• Establish contacts and engage with M&E units with sister project implementing entities (Business Development Fund) on the monitoring and evaluation and provide reports to the project coordination unit at the Ministry of Finance and to the project stakeholders as it may be required.
• Any other assignment from the Line manager or the Management of the Bank.
• Quality and timely reports
• Quality and timely proposals
• Reliability of research materials
• All departments
• All BRD stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, social sciences, community development studies or related field
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in M&E, research, or strategy development
• Demonstrated relevant experience in M&E of government or development partner funded programs/projects.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with good knowledge of Microsoft programs, especially MS Excel.
• Proven knowledge of market research, statistical modelling, and measurement program design, Skills in the use of a statistical analysis tools such as STATA or SPSS will be highly recommended
• Good communication skills (written and oral) in English and Kinyarwanda. Good knowledge of French will be an advantage;
• Strong interpersonal skills and orientation as a team member.
• Excellent coordination skills and experience in working with multiple groups of people simultaneously.
• Strong quantitative skills, capable of interpreting multiple data streams and uncovering insightful conclusions.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Familiarity with project’s grievance mechanism and related administrative processes.
• Excellent management of conflicts and ability to influence decision making at all levels.
• Experience in financial analysis, marketing, operations analysis.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Experience in analytics tools.
• Excellent project management skills including demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities and multiple tasks
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.