Jobs at:ASA Microfinance (Rwanda) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ASA Microfinance (Rwanda) Plc. is a subsidiary of ASA International which is a Public Limited Company, had been establishing Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in different countries of Asia and Africa by playing role in poverty alleviation and women empowering and has extensive microfinance programs globally .
• Monitor and analyzing departmental work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high-level accuracy;
• Collaborate with the other departments in the organization to support overall department goals and objectives;
• To maintain liaison with banks and financial institutions regarding loans and assist in the daily banking requirements;
• To ensure the optimum utilization of funds and budget management.
• Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts);
• Overseeing and managing purchase-including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit;
• Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department;
• Report to the Group within the prescribed timeline. Respond queries from the Group and prepare special reporting as required;
• Preparation and timely submission of statutory/regulatory reporting. Liaison with the respective Government Department, regulatory authority, submitting return and maintain proper compliance with them;
• Handle the company tax issues, pay taxes, statutory contributions and other withholding Tax i.e. RRA& RSSB;
• Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders;
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and account status;
• Collaborate with operation and HR team to identify and grow opportunities within the territory;
• Facilitate internal and external Audit to access financial information in his/her administrative power;
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions including treatment of Foreign currency transaction;
• Make monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner;
• To maintain all books of Accounts and record-keeping and reconcile the Accounts in a timely manner;
• To prepare a monthly trial balance, financial report and year-end to conducted an external audit to perform a yearly audit.
• Sometimes visit different branches when and as found necessary;
• Any other job assigned by the company/holding management in considering the greater interest of the company.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Holder of Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least CPA part 2 completed will get preference or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA/ACCA fully completed.
• Proven working experience in similar positions not below five (5) years;
• Solid experience and having a certificate of Modern Applied Banking Software and MS Office particularly MS Excel;
• The ability of implementation of the group policy for the group reporting;
• Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the company, including executive;
• Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to details;
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Possess excellent understanding of MFI, banking and financial regulations;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment;
• Be Rwandan by Nationality.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed to the Managing Director of ASA MICROFINANCE (RWANDA) PLC located in KIGALI City, GASABO District, Plot No. - 95, NTORA Village, KG 784 St. RUHANGO Cell, Gisozi Sector, Kigali, Rwanda with Cover Letter; Detailed CV; Copy of Certificate, Diploma or Degree; Work certificates from previous employers; Any other document that may prove a candidate’s competency to the post; Copy of ID Card Only hard copy applications are accepted and submitted at the Head Office Reception not later Friday, 14th February 2020 at 5:30 PM. Only, shortlisted candidates to sit for written and verbal tests will be communicated within one week after.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.