Jobs at:Sustainable Harvest Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sustainable Harvest Rwanda Ltd ("SHR Ltd") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sustainable Growers Rwanda.
Sustainable Growers Rwanda (SGR) is a local NGO having a goal of improving the livelihoods of low-income women farmers and their families through collective trainings that create the basis for more transparent trade, improved quality, and higher prices in the coffee sector.
SHR Ltd is a for profit social enterprise that sells roasted coffee both retail and wholesale, and trains Rwandese to produce roasted and brewed coffee at the highest level of quality and builds capacity by operating a Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) Certified Training Center.
As part of Sustainable Harvest Rwanda Ltd finance team, this position will support the mission and business development of the organization by demonstrating exemplary fiscal stewardship, adhering to financial best practices and compliance, following the organisation’s prescribed internal controls, fiscal policies, and procedures, while maintaining the strictest confidentiality of financial information.
Sustainable Harvest Rwanda Ltd is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following position. .
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Keep accurate records of all outflows of funds – bank, cash, and credit card with appropriate chart of accounts in Excel and record verified transactions into QuickBooks;
• Keep accurate records of all inflows of funds – bank, and cash with appropriate chart of accounts in excel
• Prepare sales invoices for customers.
• Maintain an accurate reconciliation of accounts receivables compared to invoices and payments in excel, record verified transactions into Quick Books;
• Maintain accurate reconciliation of sales vs inventory
• Proactively communicating with Sustainable Harvest Rwanda Ltd management team regarding financial issues, including regular updates at team meetings and create other reports at request of management for individual products or projects;
• Keep values of excellent service when dealing with customers and suppliers;
• Maintain highest integrity of daily transactions ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed;
• Handle various financial and accounting transactions including document filling, cheque preparation, and bank reconciliations, assist in preparations of sales invoices, payment collection, payroll processing and management, and tax statutory compliance;
• Ensuring timely collection of payments from customers against sales invoices and follow up with the client where necessary.
• Detection of fraudulent transactions/issues and implementation of systems and controls to mitigate fraud.
• Upholding and enforcing all Sustainable Harvest Rwanda Ltd accounting policies and procedures and providing capacity building for staff on financial management
• Accounts Payable: Accurately records vendor bills in the accounting system and makes sure vendor payments are set up for payment in a timely manner. Proper tracking on contract payments and timely management of such contracts. Ensuring transactions are properly documented for VAT registrations and EBM transactions. Process employee reimbursements once approved.
• Accounts Receivable: Generates customer invoices and accurately posts customer transactions in the accounting system and correctly posts payments to the proper customer account. Work in concert with the Wholesale Account Coordinator to ensure A/R is successfully converted to cash whilst maintaining upmost client relationships.
• General Ledger: Ensure monthly banking ledgers are recorded with accuracy and completeness for reconciliation by the Director of Finance for all operational and grant bank accounts. Prepare journal entries for pre-approval and post journals to the accounting ledger as directed. Properly tracks and administers recurring entries. Assists the Director of Finance with end of month close.
• Inventory Management: Maintain and properly monitor and reconcile the organizations’ Fixed Assets, Inventory and Equipment for Resale on a monthly basis
• Payroll: Prepare monthly payroll ledgers for Director of Finance to submit payroll in a timely manner. Prepare registrations to appropriate authority when directed
• Cash Management: Perform daily petty cash reports, diligently safeguarding the assets of the organization and providing the necessary receipts for each transaction. Alerting the Director of Finance of any suspicious banking activities. Opportunise on any VAT reclaimables.
• Correct bank and petty cash balances.
• Accurate reports on debtors/creditors.
• Proper records of inventory and fixed assets
• Timely statutory returns and compliance.
• Audit readiness
We are looking for a professional Accountant with 2+ years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Professional qualifications (full or part) such as CPA, ACCA, ACA, etc would be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of one or more accounting software packages would be an advantage.
• Strong numerical capabilities and summarized accounting reports
• Strong knowledge of EBM Version 2 in a retail/wholesale environment
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Excel for Windows;
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information and methods of checking what has been submitted is correct.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills; decision making skills;
• Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills in English and Kinyarwanda;
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy; good planning and organizational skills;
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; professional appearance and manner.
• Enthusiasm for developing and implementing systems in a growing organization at the start-up phase.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the accountant.
• Demonstrate the following personal attributes - be honest, trustworthy, and respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:Demonstrate the following personal attributes - be honest, trustworthy, and respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics.
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.