Jobs at:Vanguard Economics Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
17 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Terms of Reference
Job Description for Accountant Position at Vanguard Economics
Vanguard Economics Ltd
Vanguard Economics Ltd is a boutique development consulting firm based in Kigali (Rwanda). Vanguard specializes in Private Sector Development Surveys and Studies, Trade, Agriculture and Private Sector Development Policy Advisory as well as Economic Research. Another particular service Vanguard offers to Corporations/Businesses is Market and Consumer Behaviour Research, Market Entry strategies, and all other studies carried out before the introduction of a new product in an existing market or entry in a new market for existing products.
Purpose of the position:
Coordinate financial transactions (payroll, tax returns, social contributions, Cash, and bank account management, etc.) in accordance with best-practice international accounting standards and in accordance with Rwandan Law. The accountant will also assist the Managing Director in elaborating and incorporating internal policies for the Finance/Accounting department in accordance with Rwandan laws and revenue regulations policies. Create and maintain the accounting records for the company using QuickBooks applications. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
With the support of the Office Administrator general setup Accounting Records
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the relevant database including Quickbooks;
• Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable systems to ensure complete and accurate records of all transactions.
• Generate and issue invoices and payments through QuickBooks and EBM receipts through RRA software. Upon approval, distribute invoices to customers via the accounting software.
• Have demonstrated experience and a strong understanding of QuickBooks Software including software extension (payroll, receipt capturing, credit card tracking, currency management, etc.)
• Stay briefed on Intuit updates and news that might enhance or impact QuickBooks / Intuit software.
Reporting and Reconciliation:
• Prepare accurate income statements, monthly balance sheet and quarterly reports
• Reconcile bank accounts by verifying bank drafts and charges and resolve bank errors and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts.
• Make sure payroll tax deposits are always done on time and create and payroll and sales tax reports.
• Develop account reconciliations, journal entries, data compilation, and analyses ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
• Prepare and declare annual and monthly tax returns (CIT, PAYE, VAT, WHT, Pension, and Maternity);
• Maintain and manage all relevant taxation to Revenue and Custom, etc.;
• Ensure compliance of all products and services offered by the company with the Tax laws, be it Rwanda Tax laws or International Tax laws;
• Keep up to date with RRA decrees and issuances and ensure the company is fully compliant with all applicable changes;
• Have an understanding of differences in the tax treatment of services for export and domestically provided services;
• Coordinate external audit with appointed Auditor and provide all necessary requirements and information
• Manage and facilitate controls for tax authorities and administrators,
• Coordinate internal audit and ensure compliance with the company set policies,
• Oversee the implementation of changes and improvements recommended through audits
• Other tasks as directed by the Managing Director
Job Skills: Not Specified
Profile (Knowledge, Skills, Certification, and Experience)
• At least 5 years’ experience in the field of finance (preferably accounting)
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or ACCA or CPA certification.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
• Excellent understanding of RRA tax laws and RRA Tax software
• Good knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage …)
• Highly organized with proven ability to design and implement procedures across an organization.
• Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping and of business and accounting terms
• Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
• Experience in financial reporting preferred
• Willingness to learn and proactive approach
Vanguard Economics aims to offer completive market rates for its employees. The salary offered will be based on the experience the successful candidate has and will also include benefits like health insurance and transport allowance.
The Managing Director
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your application to Diane Hodari to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following;
• Cover letter – justifying why you think you are suited for this role
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Hodari via email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.