Jobs at:World Relief Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To facilitate the implementation of its activities in Ngoma, Nyamagabe, Karongi, and Musanze Districts, World Relief Rwanda wishes to recruit a qualified and well-experienced candidate to fill the position of Accountant. The job description and other requirements for this position are as follows:
Department/Program: Administration and Finance.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Title of Supervisor: Finance Manager
World Relief Rwanda is implementing a USAID funded SCOPE COVID-19 Project and is seeking to provide COVID-19 prevention and preparedness activities at a community level. The project will inform, engage and empower the public through timely and consistent provision of key messages on COVID-19 as well as disseminating SBCC messages around COVID vaccines at the community and faith institution level. World Relief Rwanda, therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the vacant position specified above.
World Relief is an International Christian NGO working in Health, Economic Development, Disaster Response, and Refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is to empower local churches to serve the most vulnerable,
The SCOPE COVID-19 Project Accountant will be responsible for all accounting and finance roles of the project. Additionally, he/she will fulfill the Mission Statement of World Relief (WR) and its partners, provide treasury and accounting support to SCOPE COVID-19 Project and support other finance tasks of WRR as instructed by Supervisor.
1.Verify and ensure all financial supporting documents and all submitted payment requests are in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures.
2. Receive, verify and process all payment requests for grants in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures.
3. Receive and verify the project expense reports and ensure that all financial supporting documents are in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures.
4. Prepare SCOPE COVID-19 Project quarterly and monthly plans appropriately and in a timely manner.
5. Prepare all financial reports for SCOPE COVID-19 Project and submit them to the SCOPE COVID-19 Project Manager and Finance Manager on time for verification and approval.
6. Monitor the budget consumption and then alert the Project Manager if there is over or under budget spending according to planned activities.
7. Verify that each project activity budget is in compliance with the approved budget.
8. Work closely with the field staff.
9. Participate in SCOPE COVID-19 Project financial and accounting meetings when invited.
10. Provide any financial support to SCOPE COVID-19 Project.
11. Claim VAT refund for a grant.
12. Prepare monthly bank account reconciliation for Finance Manager approval.
13. Maintain contacts with the bank to clarify questions pertaining to a project bank account.
14. Perform other duties related to the above responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with the Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or an equivalent related degree.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Initiative, excellent organization ability, with attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for teamwork in a multi-racial environment.
• Self-directing, reliable and responsible.
• Flexible and motivated team player.
• Strategic thinker, patient and self-controlled.
• Knowledgeable of USAID rules and regulations.
• Excellent skills in MS Office are required.
• Excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• At least two years of working experience with INGO (especially USAID funded INGOs)
• Physical demands: Willingness to travel and supervise project activities outside of Kigali.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a motivation letter addressed to the Country Director of World Relief Rwanda, a copy of your notified degree, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with 2 names of referees, a copy of your national identity card, and a church recommendation from your Pastor or Priest by September 9, 2021 to World Relief Rwanda Office, plot 53, KG 647 St, Kacyiru, Kigali.
Note: Due to the number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified for exams. If you don’t hear from WRR by September 17th, 2021, consider your application unsuccessful. The applications are not returned to applicants.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.