Accountant (Under Contract)
Jobs at:Rwanda Transport Development Agency
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2020
Date Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The main areas that the Accountant will be involved in are Financial Accounting and Reporting, Management Accounting including budget analysis, tracking and control, Treasury and Cash management, Banks reconciliations, and disbursement and Payments of the Project. .
The specific duties of the position :
• Understanding nature of accounting, purpose and objectives, users of accounting information, the fundamental accounting principles, the financial statements and relevant accounting standards.
• Capture the records and manage the project operations related to the Designated Accounts, the Counterparts funds bank Account, Petty Cash and district Accounts,
• Update the General ledger on a daily basis both at central and decentralized level,
• Record operations and transactions (in USD) of the Special Account A in the excel file, processing the required treatment of data, to establish and submits requests of DPs funds disbursement , under the supervision of the Financial Management Specialist and Division Manager Corporate, on 15 days period basis after.
• Share information on needs to know basis regarding payments,
• Prompts preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as requested by the Bank and other stakeholders,
• Prepare bank reconciliations for Project counterpart Account on a monthly basis,
• Proceed to prompt checks of petty management,
• Lead and support the annual audits and project inventories for project activities,
• Perform any other tasks as required or directed by RTDA management
Other desirable skills:
• Knowledge of cost analysis techniques;
• Knowledge to analyze complex financial information & Produce reports;
• Deep understanding of financial accounts;
• Planning and organizational skills;
• Interpersonal skills communication skills;
• Strong IT skills, particularly in financial software (SMARTIFMIS);
Time management and team playing skills
Professional qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA etc.) or A0 minimum in Finance, Accounting or Management with specialization in finance or Accounting. The ideal candidate should also have 3 years working experience in Finance, Accounting and Auditing of Financial institutions.
Job Education Requirements: Professionally Certified (ACCA, CPA etc)
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click Here to apply:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.