Jobs at:Community Based Sociotherapy Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 08 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The organization Community Based Sociotherapy Rwanda (CBS Rwanda) was established to contribute to the psychosocial well-being of people affected by the Genocide against the Tutsi and to strengthen interpersonal reconciliation and social cohesion at the grass-roots level.
• The community-based sociotherapy approach uses the group as a therapeutic medium in the establishment of trust, the creation of an open environment for discussion and the formation of peer-support structures. The socio-groups facilitate community members to identify, acknowledge, share, and manage together their everyday psychosocial problems related to the recent history of political violence and its aftermath.
• Under the support of the Royal Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Rwanda and in collaboration with Institute for Community Based Sociotherapy (ICBS), CBS Rwanda will be implementing a three-year project “CONNECT”: Connecting for Peace: A scale-up of Community-Based Sociotherapy as an Integrated MHPSS and Peacebuilding Approach in the Great Lakes Region. CBS is implementing the project in Rwanda.
• CBS would like to recruit one qualified, dynamic, and highly motivated candidate of high moral character and professional integrity to fill the position of accountant. The accountant will be responsible for daily financial management and preparation of payments, recording, management of assets of the projects in close collaboration with the respective responsible people at the organization level. The Accountant closely works with the Finance and Administrative Manager, Head of Programs, and Field officers. The accountant will report directly to the Finance and Administration Manager who supervises the general financial management at CBS level.
• Contribute to the project budgeting and budget revision and monitoring;
• Contribute to the development of the procurement plan and its implementation;
• Set up and implement a strong financial and operational plan for cash management in cooperation with the Finance and Administration Manager, Head of Programs, and Field officers;
• Review vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness to ensure compliance before making payment/reimbursement. Do this in accordance with internal financial policies and in collaboration with Finance and Administration Manager;
• Perform general financial data recording, update financial documents and proper archives on a regular basis;
• Ensure that all bank/cash vouchers are properly issued;
• Ensure that all disbursed amounts have sufficient supporting documents and all floats are fully justified in a timely manner;
• Check on issuing the receipts of any incomes or funds received from Head Office and ensure prompt deposit into the cash accounts;
• Check on weekly and monthly bank and cash reconciliation;
• Maintain accurate inventory schedule reporting and track any discrepancies;
• Follow up on the transfer of funds to ensure that funds reach the intended people;
• Calculate and produce the monthly payroll and tax on salaries and other legal taxes;
• Produce regular financial statements according to CBS procedure manual;
• Participate actively in capacity building trainings facilitated by finance and program experts.
Essential skills and qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree exclusively in accounting; having studied accounting at secondary school level;
• At least 3 years accounting experience;
• Strong background in project administration, financial and budget management;
• High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and at least one of the accounting software programs preferably QuickBooks;
• Knowledge of the technical and operational requirements of international funding agencies;
• Mastering the general accepted accounting principles;
• Commitment to the goals and principles of the community-based sociotherapy;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills;
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team and work in hierarchal structures;
• An honest, reliable, and very accurate person;
• Fluent Kinyarwanda and English, both verbal and written;
• Having a basic understanding of local taxation system.
Desirable skills and qualifications
• Having MA in accounting, business administration and/or related field;
• Pursuing ACCA/CPA or equivalent at advanced level;
• Grants and contract experience within other, preferably international, nonprofit organizations;
• Supervisory and management experience, including direct supervision of professional staff;
• Working knowledge of French is a plus;
• Having basic knowledge in project management;
• Having a certified accounting document like CPA or being at final stage of completion.
Terms of employment
• This is a full-time position. The Accountant is based in Kigali at the head office of CBS Rwanda. Confirmation of the employment will be after three months of probation that can be extended once according to the labor law in Rwanda. After these three months the Accountant will receive a one-year contract with the possibility for extension. The Accountant is expected to start in September 2023.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• To apply for this position, please send your motivation letter, CV, academic documents, and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 08th September 2023. Job interviews will be communicated after pre-selection. Hard copies of academic documents will be required after succeeding oral and written test. For more information about CBS Rwanda, you can consult the following website: www.cbsrwanda.org . For direct information, you can call the Executive Director (0788 483 210) or the Head of Programs (0787 493 187).
• The letter should be addressed to the Executive Director of CBS Rwanda.
• Done at Kigali on 18/08/2023.
• The management of Community Based Sociotherapy Rwanda.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.